Xbox One discussion

neo

Depends on the game and the developer. Some games are currently lower res but oddly look better on the Xbone due to the colouring and scaling, but it's so early days that no-one really knows how different ports of multiplats will look in the future.

I will be watching all you guys rushing out to buy it on day zero and then when some decent games come out and the price comes down I will consider it.... Oh and don't say the price WON'T come down because it will once the have milked every last bean out of you fools that have to have anything new as soon as it appears :p

Until then I will play F1 on my PC which will still look better than the XBox One ever will :lol:

Sent from the golf club...

Cool.

We won't be thinking of you when we're hot lapping Forza 5 on launch day.

I doubt Forza 5 will be that much better than 4, better graphics certainly and newer cars....

Didn't say I won't get one, just that I won't be rushing out to get a gimmicky ugly box that's all....

Game have taken their money and I've had a confirmation email about delivery etc...

Awesome.

It was only for the console though.

My additional games are still to be processed, which going by their email makes sense. They're only processing the console orders early.

Excited much, lol.

I doubt Forza 5 will be that much better than 4, better graphics certainly and newer cars....

I've played Forza 5 on a Xbob One, albeit only for half an hour hot lapping Laguna Seca in a McLaren but from where I was sitting the experience was a lot different.

The additional physics engines really become apparent under braking and corning where the cars load up.

Couple that with the individual force feed back triggers and it feels a lot more advanced than Forza.

The graphics I didn't really pay attention too as I was sucked in by the gameplay.

I played with all aids off as I normally do and it felt soooo much deeper, something to get proper stuck into mastering again.

Game have taken their money and I've had a confirmation email about delivery etc...

Awesome.

It was only for the console though.

My additional games are still to be processed, which going by their email makes sense. They're only processing the console orders early.

Excited much, lol.

I've played Forza 5 on a Xbob One, albeit only for half an hour hot lapping Laguna Seca in a McLaren but from where I was sitting the experience was a lot different.

The additional physics engines really become apparent under braking and corning where the cars load up.

Couple that with the individual force feed back triggers and it feels a lot more advanced than Forza.

The graphics I didn't really pay attention too as I was sucked in by the gameplay.

I played with all aids off as I normally do and it felt soooo much deeper, something to get proper stuck into mastering again.

Nice to know hopefully would work with my Fanatec CSR.....

You would expect it to be better of course just doubted it would be 'that' much better....

Anyway just got a call last night telling me I overpaid my student loan by £700 so happy days :dance:

Still not sold on the Bone over the PS4 as I am not fussed about all the 'features' with the kinect though doubt I would use them more than once...

Your Fanatec won't work at launch.

My mate has the whole rig for his Fanatec, not sure which one it is but is carbon, with twin motors, stunning billet Ali pedals and a full seat cage thing.

Cost him something silly, like £3000. Bloody contractors. It's amazing though. Amazing.

Anyway, there's a big who ha about it all and Fanatec are supposedly looking at an adapter. MS are on board with it too apparently.

Your Fanatec won't work at launch.

My mate has the whole rig for his Fanatec, not sure which one it is but is carbon, with twin motors, stunning billet Ali pedals and a full seat cage thing.

Cost him something silly, like £3000. Bloody contractors. It's amazing though. Amazing.

Anyway, there's a big who ha about it all and Fanatec are supposedly looking at an adapter. MS are on board with it too apparently.

I just have the CSR wheel and pedals, beautiful bit of kit, I am sure something will get sorted one way or another....

Just checked my mates is a CSR Elite, if that means anything more to you.

It has to be said it is fantastic.

Microsoft need to pull their finger out and confirm this for me!!!

It's not MS mate, it's Fanatec, so I've been led to believe.

Microsoft decided to not build the console to be backwards compatible with accessories.

Same stupid trick that Apple tried to pull not so long ago, long and short, microsoft will now make more money as they can sell bespoke adapters to all of the people who have spent money on accessories for X360.

Also, Im sure that had microsoft informed fanatec, then fanatec would have done all they could to resolve this issue as im sure their sales are currently being affected.

I think, microsoft made a change that affected a lot of businesses making accessories for the xbox, didnt let them know in time to build alternatives, to ensure that microsoft's own peripherals sell better.

I distinctly remember being told by some muppet at game, that i could just buy the Logitec wheel that will be released with the X1.

Pfftt.

does anyone know if there still anyway of getting a release day xbone

if not anyone know if game etc will sell out of store or if they wont have stock due to pe-orders,

has anyone else just found them selfs calling it the X bone?

according to one game manager, they have loads in stock ready for those who walk in without pre orders, see earlier posts

OK, so I did a bit of digging, the wheel won't work as MS improved the wireless technology of the new pads to reduce latency and associated factors that create minuscule lag, so the old wireless receivers in the old pads won't work with the newer tech in the Xbox One.

So it's a good thing of the new tech, but old peripherals will suffer. The only option was to use the older wireless tech from the Xbox 360 - That wouldn't have gone down well at all.

There's a petition here to get MS to sort something out.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/forza-4-fanatecs-wheels-compatibility-with-xbox-one.html

I'm signing nothing. It's not down to MS to make sure that stuff other companies make works with new kit, that's down to the individual manufacturers to sort. Yes, it sucks if you spent big on a Fanatec wheel, but anyone who bought one thinking it was going to last forever is a fool. I didn't expect my 360 wheel to work with the Xbone.

• Like 1

I'm signing nothing. It's not down to MS to make sure that stuff other companies make works with new kit, that's down to the individual manufacturers to sort. Yes, it sucks if you spent big on a Fanatec wheel, but anyone who bought one thinking it was going to last forever is a fool. I didn't expect my 360 wheel to work with the Xbone.

I bought the fanatec for Forza on 360 but I use it more on the PC now anyway