Xbox One discussion

neo

Forgot about the exchange rate :blush: it is crap we have to pay more. But I remember when I used to skate and play street hockey the skates from the usa when sold in the uk, they'd just swap the dollar sign for a pound sign. Was ridiculous.

You get that with Zed parts.

Take a look at whats for sale and then trace its origines back to the states.

Nearly everything is the same amount of £'s as Dollars.

Thats why Octet has cottened on and dumped the 3rd parties.

Ebay is the biggest culprit.

Forgot about the exchange rate :blush: it is crap we have to pay more. But I remember when I used to skate and play street hockey the skates from the usa when sold in the uk, they'd just swap the dollar sign for a pound sign. Was ridiculous.

You get that with Zed parts.

Take a look at whats for sale and then trace its origines back to the states.

Nearly everything is the same amount of £'s as Dollars.

Thats why Octet has cottened on and dumped the 3rd parties.

Ebay is the biggest culprit.

I've been shipping stuff in from the states for a long time. Got my his exhaust brought over for me and saved about £200

XB1 i'm sure has had to pay sony a small fortune to use BlueRay in they're device no doubt, so i'm sure that bumped up the price a bit. Sony for the PS3 also used a 1 off designed 8 core Cell Broadband processor and of course the BR player that they developed, bumping up the price to £425. BR now is cheap (for sony) and they're using "off the shelf" parts to make the PS4 which should bring down the cost for them to hopefully about £300.

As for MS selling more 360's than Sony did PS3's, that's true, but they had 1 year head start, it's been out 8? years compared to PS3's 7? The figures arent far off either, 77 million 360's to 70 million PS3's, thats only 10% more yet they were on sale for 14% longer...

I've no idea what i'm going to do this year, no idea which, if any I will buy. Don't like the large grip controller of the 360, but that's probably because i've been using a PS controller for about 15 years. I guess the price may come into it, but probably more importantly the games. XB1 has 1 month exclusivity on CoD games and the have Forza which looks great, but PS4 will have GT6 and I have a £1k racing rig which uses a T500rs steering wheel which I'm almost certain won't work with the XB1. So I guess if any, it'll be the PS4, but only if GT6 comes out for it rather than the PS3 which is believed it'll be released on.

Not sure why people are moaning about the price, this always happens at the start and happened with the PS3. You pitch the starting price at £429+ to cream all the money from all the nerds that have to have it on day one or the following months (look at iPhones etc).

Then, once the sales start to wane, the prices come down to make it more accessible to everyone else. If they started the price at £300 from the outset, where can they go with the price then? It's standard practice really. The same will happen with the PS4 no matter what price it starts at.

I'll probably buy an Xbox One, but probably not at the outset as I just don't have the time anymore ( I still have a couple of unopened COD's :blush: ) although I'm a complete sucker for the marketing once it starts up and will probably just buy one at the start :lol:

Also to add, the PS4 could give me a cheeky reach around, but if the controller is anything like the lightweight skinny PS3 controller, I won't even consider it. Absolutely hate the PS3 one and was the main reason for me getting rid of it after a month last time....

Also to add, the PS4 could give me a cheeky reach around, but if the controller is anything like the lightweight skinny PS3 controller, I won't even consider it. Absolutely hate the PS3 one and was the main reason for me getting rid of it after a month last time....

+1 that little girl size controller is what puts me off playstation. My fingers are all over the place

i had a PS2 loved it, when i came to buy the replacement i spoke to the guy in the shop and he basically said, PS3 was better, but Xbox had the better games. so i swapped over. have to say i prefer the xbox controller to the PS controller. i think the only swaying factor maybe what do all my mates go and buy. theres no point having a PS4 if all my mates have xbox, as i'll be a billy no mates.

it frustrates me as alot of my uni mates are PS based, and other friend groups are xbox based. i'd like to play games against both friends groups without the need to own both games consoles.

if both have similiar architecture, whats the likelyhood you could play across both platforms? thats the move they should be making,

I've seen so many people say they won't buy an Xbox because of the once every 24 hour call back, and the not being able to buy used games. Oddly most of these people leave their current console connect 24/7 anyway as well as never buying used games in the first place.

i had a PS2 loved it, when i came to buy the replacement i spoke to the guy in the shop and he basically said, PS3 was better, but Xbox had the better games. so i swapped over. have to say i prefer the xbox controller to the PS controller. i think the only swaying factor maybe what do all my mates go and buy. theres no point having a PS4 if all my mates have xbox, as i'll be a billy no mates.

it frustrates me as alot of my uni mates are PS based, and other friend groups are xbox based. i'd like to play games against both friends groups without the need to own both games consoles.

if both have similiar architecture, whats the likelyhood you could play across both platforms? thats the move they should be making,

My thoughts exactly, your peer group will have as big an influence for most people as the price IMO. Especially so with this generation, with very similar specs, paid online gaming etc.

What's going to happen if you don't connect for a couple of days?

If the machine is off, nothing.

If you've not used it for say, 5 days, then when you turn it back on it'll ask you to connect to the interweb if you want to play a game. Plug your router back in, turn the wifi on, set up a share point etc and away you go. You'll still be able to play films.

What's going to happen if you don't connect for a couple of days?

If the machine is off, nothing.

If you've not used it for say, 5 days, then when you turn it back on it'll ask you to connect to the interweb if you want to play a game. Plug your router back in, turn the wifi on, set up a share point etc and away you go. You'll still be able to play films.

So, nothing basically? I don't know anyone that turns they're router off so every time the console is on it'll be connected, therefore surely all this crap about 24 hour sign ins is a load of rubbish?

Fair enough if you want to queue up and be the first to get one.... then wait weeks for any decent games :lol:

I will wait as at the moment I have a PS3 & xBox but won't be getting both again...

Main thing for me will be compatibilty with my Fanatec wheel really

I'm certain it'll work with both, it's built with G25/27 parts isn't it or at least that's what wheel you choose in game if your using one. Great wheel btw, just a shame they're so hard to get hold off and customer service is pants.

So, nothing basically? I don't know anyone that turns they're router off so every time the console is on it'll be connected, therefore surely all this crap about 24 hour sign ins is a load of rubbish?

Exactly. The only issue is if you move house, or change interweb and have a break in connection, but then you could just set up a temp access point from a mobile and use the connection from that briefly if you were desperate.

I don't think I know anyone who has a games console who doesn't have a permanent net connection to it.