Xbox One discussion

neo

Add in the fact it comes with Kinect from the start where it was a £150 option on the 360. Its not cheap but its not expensive in comparison to what's in it. How much could you build a standalone pc of the same spec? And this is all relative compared to what the PS4. Until they release their price, the xboxone has no comparison. I have a feeling the ps4 is going to cost more. Still might do what I did with my 360 and wait 3 years before I buy it.

Forgot about the exchange rate :blush: it is crap we have to pay more. But I remember when I used to skate and play street hockey the skates from the usa when sold in the uk, they'd just swap the dollar sign for a pound sign. Was ridiculous.

• Like 1

Add in the fact it comes with Kinect from the start where it was a £150 option on the 360. Its not cheap but its not expensive in comparison to what's in it. How much could you build a standalone pc of the same spec? And this is all relative compared to what the PS4. Until they release their price, the xboxone has no comparison. I have a feeling the ps4 is going to cost more. Still might do what I did with my 360 and wait 3 years before I buy it.

true it comes with kinect but it's still far too expensive, even the WiiU as seen it's price halved within a year, as it was/isn't selling.

not sure how much a pc to similar spec would cost, as Microsoft buys components by the millions not single units as per the average user :blush:

interesting idea of having to connect to the Internet once every 24hrs In order to be able to play games as well. if they stick with that for launch they will loose a few sales. I bet they're testing the water. might well all change by launch.

Edited by wizurd

Though this time round they are running similar architecture, so porting from one to another should be relatively straightforward. Meaning that taking advantage of the extra graphics power the PS4 apparently has may be possible right from the off. Imagine on launch the two consoles tested side by side with the same game and the PS4 showing better quality and/or frame rate.

That's a very real possibility given the x86 architecture in both.

I prefer the Xbox to the ps3 myself, and the controller is awful on the PS3 IMHO, but I'm seriously considering leaving this Xbox on launch to see what plays out.

If reviews so much as hint that the PS4 is better for gamers, then Xbox will need to be slashed by £100 or more to stand a chance.

Though this time round they are running similar architecture, so porting from one to another should be relatively straightforward. Meaning that taking advantage of the extra graphics power the PS4 apparently has may be possible right from the off. Imagine on launch the two consoles tested side by side with the same game and the PS4 showing better quality and/or frame rate.

That's a very real possibility given the x86 architecture in both.

I prefer the Xbox to the ps3 myself, and the controller is awful on the PS3 IMHO, but I'm seriously considering leaving this Xbox on launch to see what plays out.

If reviews so much as hint that the PS4 is better for gamers, then Xbox will need to be slashed by £100 or more to stand a chance.

Agreed :)

with both nextgen consoles being very PC like it'll make the games that do get ported to the PC look a whole lot better.............finally :teeth:

Day one for me.

£430 for everything it can do is peanuts, and the main reason it's more over here than the US is import duty and VAT: Remove those and the price is identical. Forza 5 and Quantum Break looked stunning, never mind Titanfall and Dead Rising 3.

• Like 1

interesting idea of having to connect to the Internet once every 24hrs In order to be able to play games as well. if they stick with that for launch they will loose a few sales. I bet they're testing the water. might well all change by launch.

i think its a damn shame that there doing this, theres so many people out there who don't/cant get to the internet or have shitty speeds and enjoy playing offline. its especially sad when troops overseas wont be able to play a few games on fifa to chill out after a hard day due to no net.

It's the future, downloads only. This is the start, might as well get used to it.

PS4 will be £380 max, more like £350 I guess. Won't effect XB1 sales much either way, assuming MS get the marketing right and they show it as a premium product.

If the Xbox one can do even half the stuff they demonstrated, in the UK, then I'll sew my arse up.

I'd like to see how it will integrate with sky TV or virgin cable. Or will it simply stream the media over the net? I'd like to see it try on anything other than infinity...

I don't actually care that its trying to be an all in one box. I have a nexus or iPad for surfing the web. A sky+ box for TV, and a server store and xbmc to stream media to any TV around the home.

I want my Xbox to play games,es. That's its job in life. I don't want my Xbox for Facebook or YouTube or telling my mates what TV programming I'm watching. I want my Xbox to load Call of Duty and let me shoot people in the face with a shotgun. That's it.

The fact the ps4 seems to be better specced by some way on paper, and they haven't bothered with any of this all in one box nonsense is starting to sway me.

£429 is a lot of money. His many families can afford to find that at Christmas time? Plus another £50 or so for a game and £30 for a live membership. That's over £500 for a Christmas prezzy. Way too steep for the vast majority of households.

If the Xbox one can do even half the stuff they demonstrated, in the UK, then I'll sew my arse up.

I'd like to see how it will integrate with sky TV or virgin cable. Or will it simply stream the media over the net? I'd like to see it try on anything other than infinity...

I don't actually care that its trying to be an all in one box. I have a nexus or iPad for surfing the web. A sky+ box for TV, and a server store and xbmc to stream media to any TV around the home.

I want my Xbox to play games,es. That's its job in life. I don't want my Xbox for Facebook or YouTube or telling my mates what TV programming I'm watching. I want my Xbox to load Call of Duty and let me shoot people in the face with a shotgun. That's it.

The fact the ps4 seems to be better specced by some way on paper, and they haven't bothered with any of this all in one box nonsense is starting to sway me.

£429 is a lot of money. His many families can afford to find that at Christmas time? Plus another £50 or so for a game and £30 for a live membership. That's over £500 for a Christmas prezzy. Way too steep for the vast majority of households.

^^^^^^^^ This!

Xbox are gonna lose the gaming platform battle, only because they lost the last one. Don't get me wrong there's nothing bad about the Xbox, but subscription costs and a noisy box for me is a :nono:

Playstation have marked their territory and Xbox know it.

I'm happy to stick with a "gaming" console which Sony will come up trumps with.

The old PS3 I recall was about £429 and I bought on launch. I'll do the same with the 4 and I don't care how much it is because their kit is very good.

• Like 1

But it does play games. It just does more too, what's not to like?

PS4 and XB1 games will be identical in terms of performance, regardless of higher specs on the 4.

Depends. When games were PC only, they used to be coded in such a way that those with higher spec graphics cards could ramp up the resolutions, textures, shadows and lighting etc to take advantage of their higher spec PC. As the architecture is now so similar, we could see a similar setup return.

So PS3 was £430 and good value, XB1 is the same price but too expensive despite giving you more?

No-one knows which box will be quieter yet, but the 360 Slim is quieter than the PS3 Slim. I can't hear my 360 when on, but the PS3 does hum a fraction.