Parking In Gear

invame

I had a Saab 900 Turbo many years ago, and to impress my mates in the pub car park I did a handbrake turn

and put the car straight into the car park wall. The handbrake works on the front wheels...!!!!.

Quality move :thumbs:

:lol:

• Like 1

Also rolls when in 5th no 6th as its an old e46.

Try parking it in a higher gear? E.g. parking it in 6th it will have a harder time rolling back but it makes no difference in my car :lol:

In case it matters to anybody, and for safety's sake, the above is not true - a lower gear is better, as the engine has more mechanical advantage over the wheels...
  • Like 1

There you go, sorted!! i love this place :)

What is? Thread has totally derailed from what the OP asked?

The handbrake adjustment procedure, I for one didn't know and although it is slightly off topic I wouldn't say it has been totally derailed as it's useful information that evolved because of the original question asked.

I'm kind of glad it's gone off topic actually as since I've been out and parked on a slope to double check I've realised my mistake.....

I think I'll leave it at that if it's all the same :blush:

You have to own up now or :ban::lol:

I'm kind of glad it's gone off topic actually as since I've been out and parked on a slope to double check I've realised my mistake.....

You have to own up now or :ban::lol:

My guess is.... he still had his foot on the clutch when it was rolling back :lol:

That seems a bit harsh Chris`I. After all I think everyone's learnt something about handbrakes - let's try and look at the bigger picture here.

If we can't do that then I suppose I'll have to admit that kbeast35 has had some interesting things to say on the topic :blush:

• Like 2

That seems a bit harsh Chris`I. After all I think everyone's learnt something about handbrakes - let's try and look at the bigger picture here.

If we can't do that then I suppose I'll have to admit that kbeast35 has had some interesting things to say on the topic :blush:

:doh::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

We need to know now...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta