Big Brembo Brake Kit - 355mm x 32mm

smudgedon

Bought these off a member on here a few months back with the plans of fitting them to the car, however things have changed and money is going into other projects for the time being, so these are up for grabs!

Few of you will know the brakes from his refurb thread on these. These have been stripped down to the bare components and built up properly from scratch:

- sand blasted the calipers

- split the discs and stripped the disc centres

- had the calipers power coated white

- had the disc centres powder coated black

- fitted new piston seals

- fitted new dust seals

- fitted new 13.9 high tensile bolts that join the halves together

- cleaned and scraped (with a fine blade) the piston edges of built up burnt on brake dust

- new Brembo stickers

- new cross over fluid pipes

- rebuilt the 2 piece discs using existing bolts (cleaned) with new nyloc nuts and washers

What you will get is:

- 2x Fully built brake discs

- 2x Fully built brake calipers (one is missing its bleed nipples I believe, but you can use the ones from OEM Brembo brakes, only use brembo brake bleed nipples as I found out they are different to others.)

- 1x spare un-built brake caliper,

- all the old seals and spare bits and pieces

- 3x 350z caliper mounting brackets

- a set of high tensile nuts and bolts to mount the calipers to your hub

The spare caliper is in pieces and has a cross threaded bleed nipple but with it never being repaired before you will be able to repair it if you ever need it.

The discs could ideally do with a skim to level them out on the faces, the thickness of the thinnest disk is 31.62mm so you have plenty of thickness to skim away.

RRP of this kit if $3500 brand new, I'm asking for £700ono picked up from Surrey. I could post but don't want thing to get damaged in transit, plus the weight of everything would make it quite expensive too! Before anyone says it, yes I did buy these for less than I'm asking for now, but even the member that had them before me admitted he'd undersold them when I went to go and pick them up. These are still an absolute bargain for what they are!

20130602_141501_zps15450fbc.jpg

Edited by smudgedon

Posted · Hidden by glrnet, June 3, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by glrnet, June 3, 2013 - No reason given

Just the £275 you added to the original price then, suppose a 60% mark up isn't too bad...

GLWTS

Just the £275 you added to the original price then, suppose a 60% mark up isn't too bad...

GLWTS

Worth a lot more than 700 as well, should be well over a grand but hoping for quick sale. Selling them for what they're worth, not my fault I got a bargain originally :p

Not my cup of tea, I need proper BBK :D

How is brembo not proper?!

2 reasons I don't don't agree with this:

1. I don't believe buying stuff from members and selling them for more than you paid as another member is "in the spirit of the forum"

2. Buying stuff and selling it for a profit is trading, and I don't believe you're a paid up trader?

Others may not agree with my reservations, but this is just my opinion on how things should be on here.

• Like 1

KyleR, don't worry about it, Karma has a way of working itself out, you'll see.

No point in getting bothered about it, it's not your sale and I do agree with what you are saying.

It's not like anybody is buying these right now anyway.

They'll probably end up on eBay and go to the highest bidder.

I thought the big brembo kit was 6 pots? These look like standard 4 pots (same as Evos, scobbies etc).

My RS4 had brembos - and the standard brembo bells aren't like these. Are the bells actual brembo?

Also the limits on 32mm brembos is 31mm.

And bitching about other people's sales is in the spirit of the forum is it Kyle?

I've admitted that I paid less for them, however the previous owner admitted that he had seriously under sold them and would have put them up for more if he'd thought about it

I'm selling them for something more realistic to what they're worth, not like I'm trying to rip anyone off but I'm not going to sell something for silly money just because I got a bargain in the 1st place

These are a top bit of kit. If you don't like the "ethics" of the sale, then please don't comment and clog my thread up

• Like 1

I have seem them and they are considerablly bigger than the Gt Brembos

Infact there bigger than the 370 ones.

I would not kick them out of bed but need a decent clutch 1st.

Thanks Pete, but I think I'm right in saying the 370's run 355x32mm as standard? Not 100% sure though

Just to let you know, I've sent a full set of Brembo's by courier and it cost £10. So I'd say with two boxes you could send that lot for £20.

As long as you bubble wrap them up they wouldn't get damaged.

• Like 1

Thanks Pete, but I think I'm right in saying the 370's run 355x32mm as standard? Not 100% sure though

Nissan quotes two discs size for 370z (standard 12.6 and optional 14). Maybe same as 350z....some markets had the upgraded brakes at standard. 355mm is massive discs for a relatively small car.

Smudge. Assume would need bigger wheels than standard to clear these?

Just to let you know, I've sent a full set of Brembo's by courier and it cost £10. So I'd say with two boxes you could send that lot for £20.

As long as you bubble wrap them up they wouldn't get damaged.

Who was that with Ian?

Nissan quotes two discs size for 370z (standard 12.6 and optional 14). Maybe same as 350z....some markets had the upgraded brakes at standard. 355mm is massive discs for a relatively small car.

Smudge. Assume would need bigger wheels than standard to clear these?

Not 100% sure, I've definitely seen 355x32mm advertised as parts for the 370

I would imagine you'd need at least 18" to clear the larger calipers, can't confirm this however