350z Paint Colour Code Guide

cs2000

Hey all, have just spent an hour or so knocking this up. I don't think we have one on the forum so figured "If I need to know what my paint code is, im sure someone else will"

Also created a basic looking bar chart to help you ensure you have the correct colour simply because the silvers are rather difficult seeing as Nissan produced 5 different kinds!

Just a few points to note;

- The dates at the bottom represent the YEAR in which the colour was introduced into the EU market (or US if it is a US only colour). I have added the Jan - Dec notes to better show when a colour is introduced and fazed out. It doesn't mean however that the colours are always introduced in January and phased out in December.

- The years shown below are for the manufacturing year of the car which are not necessarily the registration year. I know for example that Chilli Pepper was actually fazed out in 2007 and Rosso Red replaced it, but due to back stock of pre-made cars they were still selling them as new well into 2008 and possibly onwards.

oR6E6t.jpeg.29588c596a301e77ec2ed32024a0ada4.jpeg

Hopefully someone will find it useful :)

EDIT - 24/06/2015

Added Brickyard as a US only colour

Added US & EU Flags to denote colour names in each region

Added US colour names to prevent further confusion

Changed photo of Rosso Red as it was previously incorrect

Small layout tweaks

Edited by cs2000
Fixed Image
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Colour chat should still match, the data I have above was from the supplier of paint to Nissan so the dates should be correct.

Obviously the build date and the registration date are different however and the reg date is the age of the car people most associate with.

You are correct!

QAB is the correct code, I just have it labled wrong.

QAB is called Pearl whote, Shiro White or just White and was used as follows.

350Z EUROPE 2008

350Z JAPAN 2008

370Z AMERICAS 2009

370Z AMERICAS 2010

370Z AMERICAS 2011

370Z AMERICAS 2012

370Z AMERICAS 2013

370Z AMERICAS 2014

370Z AUSTRALIA 2013

370Z EUROPE 2009

370Z EUROPE 2010

370Z EUROPE 2011

370Z EUROPE 2012

370Z EUROPE 2013

370Z ROADSTER AMERICAS 2010

370Z ROADSTER AMERICAS 2011

370Z ROADSTER AMERICAS 2012

370Z ROADSTER AMERICAS 2013

370Z ROADSTER AMERICAS 2014

370Z ROADSTER AUSTRALIA 2012

370Z ROADSTER AUSTRALIA 2013

370Z ROADSTER EUROPE 2010

370Z ROADSTER EUROPE 2011

370Z ROADSTER EUROPE 2012

370Z ROADSTER EUROPE 2013

as used as

QX1 appears to be glasier white, white 3p, white diamond, and again, white and was used as follows.

350Z AMERICAS 2004

350Z AMERICAS 2005

350Z AMERICAS 2006

350Z AMERICAS 2007

350Z AMERICAS 2008

350Z AMERICAS 2009

350Z EUROPE 2005

350Z ROADSTER AMERICAS 2009

350Z ROADSTER EUROPE 2005

Il change the image tonight however as clearly the white mostly used was QX1 :)

Edited by cs2000

• 1 year later...

Liquid aluminium or Liquid titanium?

I think mine falls under this but now i don't which out of the two, chat shows 1 and other shows another :lol:

Sorry, the correct name is indeed Liquid Aluminum. Titanium isn't a colour.

Silverstone is/was a Nissan colour, but only used in 1995-1996. I suspect that yours would be Blade or Universal, but it would depend on the year of manufacture as you could fall into either category if yours is a 2004 or a 2005. If its earlier, it will be Blade, if its later Universal.

Noticed a few mistakes in the bar graph so will correct that when I can, probably tonight ;)

Edited by cs2000

Liquid aluminium or Liquid titanium?

I think mine falls under this but now i don't which out of the two, chat shows 1 and other shows another :lol:

Sorry, the correct name is indeed Liquid Aluminum. Titanium isn't a colour.

Silverstone is/was a Nissan colour, but only used in 1995-1996. I suspect that yours would be Blade or Universal, but it would depend on the year of manufacture as you could fall into either category if yours is a 2004 or a 2005. If its earlier, it will be Blade, if its later Universal.

Noticed a few mistakes in the bar graph so will correct that when I can, probably tonight ;)

Silverstone was used in the US on 350z :shrug:

large808400b.jpg

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

Ahhhh, its another American name. The paint code is WV2, which in the European market is "Gun Metal Grey, il add the US names onto the chart as that's happened a few times now.

The official paint name from the manufacturers is "Diamond Graphite Titanium" hence why "Silverstone" didn't show anything useful.

Chart has been updated, thanks for the continued feedback. Anything else anyone notices please say. (but I hope not as it takes an hour or so for every edit.... lol)

Edited by cs2000

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

You can also get it by entering the VIN number in here:

http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Nissan

VIN number is etched into your windscreen or its on a sticker in the drivers door Jam. Saves opening up the engine bay :thumbs: .

I've had my car painted twice (Blade Silver KY0) and each time the shop have said the paint code returns two different shades and they've needed to match it to the car. One of the guys even produced two test card with the different colours on, I couldn't tell the difference between the two :lol: .