Cadwell Park 30-5-2013

I have just been to Cadwell Park for a trackday the the Z.

The rain threatened all day but it essentially stayed dry.

The Z ran well with no problems, unlike my friends e36 m3 which suffered a broken diff mount!

It was nice to meet up with another Z owner on track and have a lap or two seeing how each others machine compares- great fun!

Looks great, really whet my appetite, tho i'm a trackday and z newbie - i want to try cadwell - its not too far and it looks so fast and technical. Am going to change pads/discs before i do tho, and get a lid etc

I've been in an mx5, great track.

Got to be careful in the rain though, the trees by the hairpin make it really slippery and there was lots of standing water on the start/ finish straight at the bottom when I was there as that is the lowest point so all the water just pools.

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments.

My car runs on Federal 595rsr tyres, ebc blue stuff pads and BC coilovers. Its primarily a road car, with a couple of bits and bobs to allow it to do a few track days a year.

Cadwell is 170 miles from me but its essentially my "local" circuit. Croft is closest to me but most of my trackday going friends can pass the 88db noise regs in force at croft.

Ive been to Cadwell a number of times and its still entertaining, its a tricky little circuit!

Good to meet you trackpig. Had a great day out on track, Cadwell is brilliant. Vid looks superb. Seems like we were pretty much even on track - turns out we have very similar car spec: same tyres, brake setup, suspension (pretty much) and standard engine - although mines got no interior and a cage.

All good fun, got a bit of an oil leak now though.

Edited by Jez