Brake pedal feel

jell36

Well I took it back for them to bleed the brakes again after the MOT, but even after just the MOT, yes the pedal feel was alot better. With credit to them, they handled it all very well. Not saying thats your problem, just thought id mention it. You can check yourself if the hoses are tight. I think its just the nature of the set up that it takes abit of heat in the pads and discs to get some decent feel out of the system. Looking at this tread, there are far too many people "suffering" from the same issue for it to be a mechanical issue on your car. One thing i did get, was nasty ring around the edge of my rear discs, after pulling the pads out, there was debris of some sorts in the slots (exactly the same both sides and looked like pad material), may this was to do with cool down or over heating.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to update my situation, I had the brake fluid flushed, bled, and then re bled by a garage who know performance cars about 4-5 months ago; there is so much more feel to the brakes now you cannot compare it to the previous way they felt :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

(Holy thread bump!)

Hi, and sorry for the bump in a 4 year old thread.
I was googling "Pedal feel 350z brembo" and found this thread.

I recently upgraded from 350Z stock brakes to OEM Brembo's. I used 4L brake fluid while bleeding the brakes, to make sure that there wasn't any air trapped anywhere.

But my pedal feel is just like some of yours, I can push the pedal halfway in before anything happens. But if I tap the brake fast, then it's firm and "normal", like priming the brakes....

I have Ferodo DS2500, OEM Brembo discs, stainless braided lines and normal brake fluid.

Does some of you still have this "problem"?
If not, how did you fix it?

Thanks