Finally found a fix for the boot popping! Cheap too!

leightonjames

Okay so I've tried everything; adjusting the boot clamp position, coins, rubber washers, new springs - the lot. But this works and has done for the last two weeks and hasn't showed any signs of stopping!

What you need;

Clear plastic bumpons

image-38.jpg

Superglue / plastic glue

image-37.jpg

The before;

image-39.jpg

The After

image-35.jpg

Cheers!

Leighton

• Like 1

Well from personal experience, the coins didn't work and the bumpons do...presumably it's because you cannot get near the thickness level of the bumpon with coins as the rubber surround will not stretch around the spring mechanism after say 5 coins. This method is also so much easier as you don't have to take anything off the car and don't risk damaging the paint (which again, you do with coins)

Hi Stu i would also please like 2 of these, are you sure i cant give you any money for the hassle of the postage??

Don't sweat it, off to the postie tomorrow anyway, just PM address details.

Lets try this then! I did 2p mod which lasted for good few months and now starting to fail again :(

Stu, any chance I can have 2 as well please? Happy to pay postage or get a coffee at the meet of we ever meet lol

Edited by Vlad

As per above, if you feel inclined to do so, drop a quid in the honesty box for the greater good :thumbs:

Please don't do it until you've got them and your happy its sorted your pop. I know from bitter experience that sometimes one fix for this is not enough! I'm not a trader, there are no refunds! Gifted as seen, all gifts are final!

:teeth:

• Like 1