Just had new clutch fitted

leightonjames

Hi everyone,

Just had a new clutch fitted, all in with parts for £450 so not as bad as I thought, and apparently "just in time" as it wasn't long until I damaged the flywheel.

Tickenham garage for anyone note rested in the south west. Also voted as the garage of the year in the south west so not just me that thinks they're good!

One question - it's gone from fairly stiff to incredibly and overly light! Going to take a bit of getting used to but I've driven about 5 zedshed and none were this light, anyone else who's had a clutch replaced experienced the same thing? I look a right pillock when driving at the mo!

Cheers

Hi mate,

It was tickenham garage just outside of bristol.

If you're not around this way then also check out mrclutch as think they cover quite a wide area, they also quoted £450 including parts.

If you would rather take it somewhere else and provide your own parts, go to this link and make an offer of £250, they will bite your hand off (it's what I did)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250732319760?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649.

Cheers!

I've got one of those and its great, but I have to say I'd rather buy it from Zmanalex as if you are unfortunate enough to need any advice and assistance its the aftersales that counts. My slightly over-sized crank end was a real problem but he was a rock and was happy to speak to the garage to assist. Since then I would not buy anything like this or genuine parts anywhere else :)

(to be fair and equal, CS did me a nice Cobra Y-pipe though)