313 HR engine gone bang

mbw100

Is this the car I was emailed about today? Chap called Shane?

If it is the same car the email didn't say anything about a broken conrodjust mentioned excessive engine noise.

Maybe this car had been run on unleaded 95 octane fuel for a long period.

If you want to get anywhere with Nissan your have to have the motor stripped by Nissan which your have to push Nissan to do and you may have to pay for this yourself then take the matter up with Nissan.

Thanks

Nope not called Shane and wasn't showing any signs of excessive engine noise. Not me!

I have put a few enquiries out though for second hand engines if Nissan won't help. Through zmanalex and CS in Leicester.

Just to be clear, Nissan are under no obligation to help as the car is out of warranty? Even if it can be shown to be a defect from manufacture.

I think Saturday must have been a bad day for HR engines!! I'm waiting to find out the extent of the damage done to mine at the moment. I hope it's only the master cylinder.

I wish you all the best with Nissan!

Another member messaged me to say he has a piston gone on his HR a few days ago.

Think I will park mine up!

Edited by 4RE Leather
  • Like 1

Nissan have come back to say after 'careful' consideration there are not able to assist.

Wonderful.

Haven't got a reason yet as left an answer phone message as I was out. Will try to remain calm when I ring them tomorrow...

Sorry to hear Nissan dont want to help. But it still wouldnt put me off buying another Zed. Everyday you read stories about all sorts of cars having similar problems.

I really hope you get your car back on the road as cheaply as possible!

Sorry to hear Nissan dont want to help. But it still wouldnt put me off buying another Zed. Everyday you read stories about all sorts of cars having similar problems.

Dont want to be an arse, but you dont hear about 41K cars with holes in the engine block that often, certainly not high spec units like the VQ. As I said, if it wasnt making a hell of a racket and vibrating like a bastard before it exploded then theres something reet fishy there ...........

Edited by docwra

Was no vibration or anything.

Nissan will not do anything as there goodwill policy only covers vehicles up to 5 years old, mine 5 and a half.

I will have some pictures of the damage shortly. Plan is to escalate up to managing director level on the basis an engine that blows at 41k is not fit for purpose.

If I get no where I'll go to Watchdog; family member works in production and email from BBC might kick them into action. However I'm not holding out much hope. Last resort.

Dont want to be an arse, but you dont hear about 41K cars with holes in the engine block that often, certainly not high spec units like the VQ. As I said, if it wasnt making a hell of a racket and vibrating like a bastard before it exploded then theres something reet fishy there ...........

TBH mate, i totally sympathise with you and i would be sick if it was me and it could be me one day! But my nephew runs a garage and he tells me loads of stories like this.

Was no vibration or anything.

Nissan will not do anything as there goodwill policy only covers vehicles up to 5 years old, mine 5 and a half.

I will have some pictures of the damage shortly. Plan is to escalate up to managing director level on the basis an engine that blows at 41k is not fit for purpose.

If I get no where I'll go to Watchdog; family member works in production and email from BBC might kick them into action. However I'm not holding out much hope. Last resort.

i would be surprised if the BBC would send an email without know all the facts and I would of thought would want the block properly examining. The BBC have to consider their legal ground if they are to get involved.

I also work in tv industry.

I might be able to get you in contact with someone high up the food chain in Nissan UK if you'd like me to try ?

That would great thanks. Send a message if you would rather not go public.

I might be able to get you in contact with someone high up the food chain in Nissan UK if you'd like me to try ?

I'll PM if any luck !

I'll PM if any luck !

No worries, thanks

Did you have the car from brand new? If not, did you buy it from a dealer? You might have a claim under Sale of Goods Act 1979, but first you need to establish who do you have that claim against.

My old man works in a garage and regularly had failures of this sort. I have to as it is a problem with the Nissan Navara though.

The shells in the bottom end get blocked and starve the moving parts of the oil. I know that this isn't an inherent issue with the Z's but you will always get a bad one along the line or it's been abused in some form whether ill treatment or lack of mechanical servicing.

Hope you get it sorted.