Front washers - work after pulling stick for 10 seconds?!?

leightonjames

Hey everyone,

Bit of a weird one - my Front washers - they work after pulling on the stick for about 10 seconds but any less and they won't at all! Any ideas? Once they are working, theyre fine and it won't be until I leave the car overnight that I'll have to hold the stick again!

Cheers!!

Could be the valve, but try topping your washer fluid up first. I'm sure I read the washer jets don't work if the fluid is below a certain level. And from personal experience, I've found the same.

For the sake of a bit of water and fluid, it's worth a go.

And yes I know (before someone points it out) that the OP's are working (to a degree), but the top up might help resolve the issue of having to hold for 10 seconds :thumbs:

Oh cr@p. hold on. By 'front' do you mean headlight or windscreen?

If its windscreen, ignore all my rambling above and change the non return valve (as originally advised) found under the brake fluid cover.

It's about a quid from Halfords.

I'll fetch my coat :doh:

I currently have the same problem ... I replaced the Non-Return valve about a month ago and they were working perfectly unitl this week!

I'm going to try replacing the valve again and drain the fluid as I think there maybe something in the fluid which is causing it to block up ...

Okay have changed the pump and now working but still not very powerful, ended up pushing wire through the non return valve and its working slightly better but ill also need one of those. Halfords now don't stock them so does anyone have any suggestions, would this work?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fuel-Line-Hose-Valve-Breather/dp/B003UVXCV0/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1368040199&sr=1-2&keywords=non+return+valve

They seem quite hard to come by!

Cheers