Engine overheated - look what I've found in my radiator!

leightonjames

So there I was, pottering along in the Brisol traffic yesterday afternoon and I suddenly notice that my engine temp is in the red. Sh*t....

I pull over and pop the bonnet. I'm not the most mechanically inclined but thought I'd take a look t the radiator.

Sandwiched in the bottom left corner (between another tiny radiator - anyone know what that is?) was this;

image-13.jpg

A friggin birds nest!!

At first I thought it was just dead grass caught up inside but definitely not. Can even see the marks where the little blighter has been paying regular visits through the front grill!!

Cheers Leighton

I have forwarded the picture to the RSPB who have come back to me saying it is the nest of the Spotted Icterin Warbler.

It is apparently one of Britain's rarest birds and as such is on their endangered species list. Their instructions are that you VERY carefully put it back as it was and under no circumstances drive the car until the end of the mating season in October. You need to pm me your details so that they can send a protection and enforcement officer round. They say you would be compensated for alternative travel on the bus up to a maximum of £3.10 per day until it has mated and the eggs hatched.

• Like 8

I have forwarded the picture to the RSPB who have come back to me saying it is the nest of the Spotted Icterin Warbler.

It is apparently one of Britain's rarest birds and as such is on their endangered species list. Their instructions are that you VERY carefully put it back as it was and under no circumstances drive the car until the end of the mating season in October. You need to pm me your details so that they can send a protection and enforcement officer round. They say you would be compensated for alternative travel on the bus up to a maximum of £3.10 per day until it has mated and the eggs hatched.

:lol:

Damn......that's some freaky find!

Be even madder if you found a roasted bird and a couple of boiled eggs in there :scare:

Look on the bright side.

Bit of sugar......boil that sh$t up for A few hours......hey Presto!

BIRDS NEST SOUP :thumbs:

Highly prized Chinese delicacy :wink:

• 2 weeks later...