370 steering lock issue - recall - action

Will370z

Idiots, I had the same issue with Nissan in Guildford. They refused to acknowledge the recall. i then when to Nissan in aldershot who sorted it all out no problems at all.

All depends on who you talk to I guess.

Tend to agree, but I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Nissan GB armed with the recall number and they clearly stated the recall is only for the GTR, so no wonder the dealer cannot confirm the recall!

And then I pulled the fuse and my disklock out of the shed

I thought I would do this until a more satisfactory solution is found and I don't want to get stuck whilst I am on the continent.

I got as far as unclipping the fuse box from the metal bracket at the front of the fuse box.

This then allows the fuse box to be lifted upward.

Unfortunately it only comes up far enough to just clear the bracket.

The wiring loom on the left side of the fuse box stops it coming up any further. Is there anything else I need to release?

Also do the steering lock issues tend to manifest themselves more in winter conditions due to the grease thickening?

If so should I worry less as it is still pretty warm down here.

Well Nissan UK have officially come back with the information that my car was manufactured after the fault was discovered and rectified, therefore not needing a replacement part.

Forgive me for being sceptical, but my vin is lower than 0300691, so I have my doubts as to the validity of this comment!

However, do the roadster vin run concurrently with the GT models or do they have a different number system?

Also how easy is it to drop the interior trim to see which lock is under the steering column?

Not sure he has removed the fuse yet but its the only real solution.

Replace it with a blown one if your woried about insurance issues.

The later models do not have a steering lock at all as even the modified part fails sometimes.

IMO no need for a disclock as it wont start without a key, and anyway a steering lock takes seconds to break if you know what you are doing.

Different software that allows canban to start car, turn on headlights etc .remotly

i dont beleive its written into the nissan code.

But the steering lock wont help if the crook is that savvy anyway.

i have a "no run map" on mine so it wont start ebven with a key, but again to the initiated that can be turned off easily.

• 1 month later...

So without reading through all pages, is there any way to identify if my car has had the fix? Would I just contact a local Nissan dealer and give them my VIN and they would be able to look up the history? Mines a 2009 so a very early car.

it's Cars with a VIN number UP TO 0300691 and build date UP TO 24th March 2010 that the recall applies to.

Recall number is P3208

I seem to remember that there is a code on the barrel that you can see if you fold yourself upside down to get at ........ but can't find what that code was

it's Cars with a VIN number UP TO 0300691 and build date UP TO 24th March 2010 that the recall applies to.

Recall number is P3208

I seem to remember that there is a code on the barrel that you can see if you fold yourself upside down to get at ........ but can't find what that code was

I assume Nissan UK would keep a record of all the cars that have had the recall work carried out? As I am not the original owner and I certainly can't see any documentation in my owners manual/ maintenance record or the fix being carried out.

My VIN is a very early 1 and before that. It is actually a 01 prefix.