370 steering lock issue - recall - action

Will370z

Ok that was a fast turn around, Rosie is back up and running part replaced in record time.

Have to say nissan aldershot were faultless. No questions they took the car and said they would sort it.

They stated the part wouldn't get to them until the weekend but they would try to get a courtesy car. I mentioned I had something special planned for this weekend is there anything they could do.

They were doubtful, but they were as good as their word. The part came in for the gtr so they popped that in mine instead as the gtr wasn't due for collection til next week. All so I can make this weekend.

Also had constant updates from Nissan customer service- brilliant service.

Can't recommended aldershot highly enough if you need anything doing.

Rosie comes out of this with some gtr DNA lol

Just spoke to Nissan Customer Services on the 01923 899334 number and they told me that 925 vehicles are affected. He then went on to say the affected vehicles were from VIN no.0300691 and that had a build date from 24th March 2010 which seems odd as I thought '09 and '10 cars were affected.

Might be a good idea if another member can phone Nissan Customer Services to clarify the VIN numbers and build dates that the recall applies to.

Scotty

I’ve just spoken to my local Nissan dealer and they do have a recall placed, but the thing is I wouldn't have got a letter as on the Nissan System the car is registered to the guy it was first registered to, so its just as well I rang really. Anyway shes booked in for the lock on the 17th, and they reckon this will only take a hr or so :yahoo:

Just spoke to Nissan Customer Services on the 01923 899334 number and they told me that 925 vehicles are affected. He then went on to say the affected vehicles were from VIN no.0300691 and that had a build date from 24th March 2010 which seems odd as I thought '09 and '10 cars were affected.

Might be a good idea if another member can phone Nissan Customer Services to clarify the VIN numbers and build dates that the recall applies to.

Scotty

Interesting, but I suspect some wires crossed here and it is 370's made up that VIN number/date quoted.

Still waiting for the official recall detail which will confirm, but best advice to any 370 owner who is worried is to call your Nissan Dealer sooner rather than later so that they can order up a replacement part before stock runs out and knowing that same problem affects the GTRs, which use the same part as Will ^^^^^ has discovered ;) .

Scotty

Interesting, but I suspect some wires crossed here and it is 370's made up that VIN number/date quoted.

Still waiting for the official recall detail which will confirm, but best advice to any 370 owner who is worried is to call your Nissan Dealer sooner rather than later so that they can order up a replacement part before stock runs out and knowing that same problem affects the GTRs, which use the same part as Will ^^^^^ has discovered ;) .

Just had a call back from a very helpful guy at Colliers Nissan HPC and he has confirmed that Nissan Customer Services gave me incorrect information. As you suspected Colin, it's Cars with a VIN number UP TO 0300691 and build date UP TO 24th March 2010 that the recall applies to.

Cheers,

Scotty

Had my 370z MOT'd today and while it was being done I inquired about the steering lock issue recall. I got a confused look off of the service manager when I asked and gave him the details about chassi numbers and cut off date of the cars effected.

He still said that there was no recall notice on the 370.

Undetered I asked him to ring Nissan UK and even gave him the number that someone had posted up on the forum.

I sat in the waiting area with a coffee and biscuit :snack: that a very good looking receptionist had made me for about 20 minutes then the service manager returned and called me up to the reception desk.

He had to eat humble pie and was very apologetic :blush: when he said that I was totally correct in what I had told him about the recall.

He then asked how I had come by this information.

I just smiled at him and told him all about the forum. That explains it he said.

Replacement steering lock has now been ordered and they will ring me to arrange fitting.

Great result guys thanks for for posting info about this issue

:thumbs::clap::band:

:teeth: this forum kicks ass. :boxing:

Edited by Harryjax
  • Like 2

That should mean my 370z is safe then lol

hopefully mine too, collected in October 2011 - so unlikely to have been sat around for over a uear and a half - but will check my VIN number when I get the car back :thumbs:

Had my 370z MOT'd today and while it was being done I inquired about the steering lock issue recall. I got a confused look off of the service manager when I asked and gave him the details about chassi numbers and cut off date of the cars effected.

He still said that there was no recall notice on the 370.

Undetered I asked him to ring Nissan UK and even gave him the number that someone had posted up on the forum.

I sat in the waiting area with a coffee and biscuit :snack: that a very good looking receptionist had made me for about 20 minutes then the service manager returned and called me up to the reception desk.

He had to eat humble pie and was very apologetic :blush: when he said that I was totally correct in what I had told him about the recall.

He then asked how I had come by this information.

I just smiled at him and told him all about the forum. That explains it he said.

Replacement steering lock has now been ordered and they will ring me to arrange fitting.

Great result guys thanks for for posting info about this issue

:thumbs::clap::band:

:teeth: this forum kicks ass. :boxing:

Nice one :thumbs:

Mine goes in on Wednesday - have to say I have always found the service manager at Motorline Nissan in Tunbridge Wells very supportive and on the ball (but probably says to himself quietly when I arrive "oh gawd here we go again having to listen to tales as to how wonderful the 350/370z-uk forum is" :lol: )

• Like 2

Had my lock changed today..

Motorline at TW efficient as always - their guy has done a few on the GTRs now and I doubt he had mine for more than half an hour.

Car is out or warranty, but no charge at all.

Recall number is P3208 (same number as across the pond)

Had my lock changed today..

Motorline at TW efficient as always - their guy has done a few on the GTRs now and I doubt he had mine for more than half an hour.

Car is out or warranty, but no charge at all.

Recall number is P3208 (same number as across the pond)

Mines booked in for lock on Fri.

Scotty

I've had a call from the Swansea garage saying mine is affected - where do I find the VIN number though - there's some numbers in the door shut on a sticker ?

but I thought they were on a metal tag in the bay ?