370 steering lock issue - recall - action

Will370z

Delivered poor old rosie to aldershot nissan this afternoon after the immobiliser had shut herdown. She was yet another victim of the dreaded steerling lock issue 2 days out of warranty.

Funnily enough they parked her up against a nice gtr and the mechanic said thats got the same problem as yours, 2 days out of warranty aswell.

But the best news, and this will be a relief to all of you 370z owners, He said don't worry letters were prepared on thursday and are being sent out by nissan hq, a uk recall of 370s and gtrs is underway to replace the faulty steerling lock. There will be no cost to me.

I recommend all 370z owners contact their local dealers and book them in before this inevitable problem occurs for you, because it will, counton it.

Hopefully this means those that have already paid for the repair can be compensated.

Good news guys

Edited by Ebized
  • Like 2

Confirmed the recall news with Motorline Nissan at Tunbridge Wells after Will told me his news and mine is now booked in next week and if anyone else in the Surrey/Kent wants it done sooner rather than later ask for Ian Fraser at Motorline.

Brilliant news, going to get mine booked in when the recall happens.

Id be proactive about it, in some cases they mentioned it may be done for cars as the problem occurs so i would raise the question with the dealer and get it fixed as soon as you can to avoid the flatbed. Great news though, very relieved

Brilliant news, going to get mine booked in when the recall happens.

Id be proactive about it, in some cases they mentioned it may be done for cars as the problem occurs so i would raise the question with the dealer and get it fixed as soon as you can to avoid the flatbed. Great news though, very relieved

I'm off to Cornwall/ Devon for a week from Saturday...steering lock Russian roulette...what are the chances?

Woop Woop RESULT groupwave.gif

Obviously Nissan UK have been taking notice of the data collected from Main Dealers & probably also the ever growing list of failures reported right here on the forum.

Really chuffed for all 370z owners. A great day indeed for all.

Marco

Hi, does anyone know if this affects all 370's or only the 2009/10 models, I have a 61 reg and have just phoned my local dealer (Lightcliffe Nissan), they said that there are no recalls for my vehicle :dry:

Hi, does anyone know if this affects all 370's or only the 2009/10 models, I have a 61 reg and have just phoned my local dealer (Lightcliffe Nissan), they said that there are no recalls for my vehicle :dry:

We believe it relates to 370's built from the start of production to sometime during 2010.

Currently awaiting confirmation of the chassis numbers affected, so the advice you have been given could be quite right.

• Like 1