Bottom ends gone :(

wanted

My engine is knocking its tits off, definitely bottom end. Not sure what to do yet. Option 1, repair it but not cost effective. Option2 , engine swap but not sure of the cost of another engine. Option 3 break it as the rest of the car is a1. I don't know what to do, properly stressed atm:angry:

Best option stick a new different engine maybe the 370 (don't no if they fit?) Or nice a gtr engine with a lot of tweaking :D. And have a one of a kind animal but not cheap.

Most sensible break the rest of the car but long, maticulous, and will be without a car.

Had this happen on my daily work bus last year, i considered all options you have. Thought against buying a 2nd hand engine as couldnt be positive of its history and the same might happen months down the line. I plumbed for rebuilding because the rest of the car was so clean, although it wasnt really cost effective, i now have a mint vehicle which i know the history of and baring any catastrophe, should go on for years or be worth the higher end of the scale for that particular vehicle.

A diy engine swap could be on the cards but not diy taking the engine apart. It's not a long term car for me, I might just stick it on eBay and sell it as is. I rekon I could recoupe 3.5k ish pretty quickly if I split it

A diy engine swap could be on the cards but not diy taking the engine apart. It's not a long term car for me, I might just stick it on eBay and sell it as is. I rekon I could recoupe 3.5k ish pretty quickly if I split it

Good luck, I know of two with working engines going for under £4.5K atm though ......... :(

My engine is knocking its tits off, definitely bottom end. Not sure what to do yet. Option 1, repair it but not cost effective. Option2 , engine swap but not sure of the cost of another engine. Option 3 break it as the rest of the car is a1. I don't know what to do, properly stressed atm:angry:

What were the symptoms? Did it consume a lot of oil or did it come on very sudden?

No huge oil consumption prior to this and the engine still has good oil pressure. I'm not stressed now it's one of those things, someone's collecting it tomorrow as is so that's that, I'm not prepared to start spending thousands on it. I know what I'm like, if I have the engine out I'll start adding and changing stuff. The zed was never a long term car for me so there's no love lost. On to something else.

No huge oil consumption prior to this and the engine still has good oil pressure. I'm not stressed now it's one of those things, someone's collecting it tomorrow as is so that's that, I'm not prepared to start spending thousands on it. I know what I'm like, if I have the engine out I'll start adding and changing stuff. The zed was never a long term car for me so there's no love lost. On to something else.

It`s not Keyser is it? :ninja:

It`s not Keyser is it? :ninja:

:lol:

I was gonna ask the same thing