Not happy with the rubber on my (Nismo) knob!!

Beavis

Having purchased a second hand Nismo titanium shift knob from a forum member it soon became clear I was not happy with the rubber finisher that is supplied, for some reason it had started to degrade rapidly!

2013-04-03075307_zps52827df7.jpg

So an alternative was machined at work at out black nylon on the left........much better!

2013-04-03075024_zps85cc0d4d.jpg

If you ask me nicely and you need one I will get one machined for you.

• Like 1

49D11B80-3347-4FAA-B9BB-D12B44830CE3-13260-000009F98303734B_zps5ef9fb9c.jpg

Same shifter as you, I didn't get any rubber for my knob :(

If you would be kind enough to fabricate one and bring it to Wales I would be most grateful :)

No problem will bring some with me.

I have the Nismo carbon shifter, it is lovely, but extremely small! I bought it second hand at a very good price and in excellent condition, it also came with the rubber finisher you mention above....although with it fitted I cannot thread the knob down far enough and it spins when you grip it. It seems like the rubber finisher is too large, or I have a short shifter? Has anybody else experienced something similar? The interim remedy I have fitted instead is a rubber grommet/washer thing left lying around the workshop, which allows me to screw it on further. I may also use lock tight if the problem persists but would rather fit the proper parts.

I will take a photograph at the next opportunity

49D11B80-3347-4FAA-B9BB-D12B44830CE3-13260-000009F98303734B_zps5ef9fb9c.jpg

Same shifter as you, I didn't get any rubber for my knob :(

If you would be kind enough to fabricate one and bring it to Wales I would be most grateful :)

No problem will bring some with me.

Cheers Beavis, top man :thumbs:

Do you think you could do something with my knob Dave ;)

I will tell you my room number when I get to Wales :)

Do you think you could do something with my knob Dave ;)

I will tell you my room number when I get to Wales :)

It was only a question of time before this thread headed downhill :lol: Edited by choptop

If you send me a drawing of what you actually want, i will see what i can do.

Cheers. Took a good look at my knob after looking at your rubber (oh c'mon) and it's a very similar design to the Nismo one, but I don't think I'll need the finisher - it kinda looks OK without it.

Thanks again tho bud :thumbs:

• 6 months later...

Massive thanks to Dave!

I bought a Nismo Knob off the board but it was missing the finisher (later found out only the specific part numbers for the 350 include this) I PMed Dave (Beavis) and he offered to send me one out free of charge! This has well and truly saved me as I couldn't find one at all! I had to ever so slightly open this one up with a drill but once I had done that it fitted perfect!

Top man! Thanks again

• Like 1

Massive thanks to Dave!

I bought a Nismo Knob off the board but it was missing the finisher (later found out only the specific part numbers for the 350 include this) I PMed Dave (Beavis) and he offered to send me one out free of charge! This has well and truly saved me as I couldn't find one at all! I had to ever so slightly open this one up with a drill but once I had done that it fitted perfect!

Top man! Thanks again

Glad to have been of service Matt. :) And thanks for the donation to the forum :clap:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Bit of a thread revival, recently bought a nismo knob and It came without the finisher, after a bit of searching came across this thread. Got in touch with Dave who just happens to live in the same town. He had a look to see if he had one, he didn't so machined one for me at work. I popped over today to collect and also so he could have a listen to my Hfc's as he has some sat in his boot ready to go on to his immaculate yellow GT4 which was sat on the drive way looking as new !

Thanks Dave, nice meeting you today.

94b56c4232fa4e4363024ccc6c0e00e6_zpsb1ca3ddc.jpg

Edited by SHEZZA
  • Like 1