How to - Repair/fix your cooling fan motors (YouTube vid)

Beau

Hey guys, thought I would shine some light of a common problem on these... :surrender:

Took her out of hibernation the other day and when she reached running temperature the fans didn't kick in and the temp slowly started to rise, tapped the fans and they sprung back into life, but not for long. :dry:

Decided to do a short youtube clip on how to go about repairing them, hope it saves you all some money and time :D

Hope it helped!

Beau :)

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
Im going to give this a go as soon as the weather clears up here. None of my fans work either so I hope this is the fix for it :)

It will work.

Either that or hand over £1000 for Nissan to do it!

I do all work on my own cars myself. I wont be letting a Nissan "tech" touch it :) after all I'm a bloody aircraft engineer haha!

• Like 1

Abbey have just charged me £390 to replace one radiator fan inc parts & labour while doing the uprev/milltek/berk package. Not a cheap job so well worth doing the procedure above to save some serious wonga. I'd be tempted to have a go myself, but I'd probably just ruin it. 55k miles / 8 years is a decent innings for this kind of component I suppose.

Might as well clean up the old one as per the guide and keep it as a spare for when the other motor goes.

EDIT: they replaced BOTH fans for £390.

Edited by Dynamic Turtle

Update: took the motors out yesterday and 3 of the coal sticks were stuck on one and 4 on the other. Got them all cleaned up and reassembled and now both fans work! :) great write-up and easy DIY job. Cheers!

• 3 months later...

Excellent guide, whats the easiest way to get these motors off the car folks. I assume under tray has to come off but where do you go from there, i've not looked at the car yet to see whats what. Also did you find where the washer went octet as the video guide says there is a washer but not certain where it came from.

Excellent guide, whats the easiest way to get these motors off the car folks. I assume under tray has to come off but where do you go from there, i've not looked at the car yet to see whats what. Also did you find where the washer went octet as the video guide says there is a washer but not certain where it came from.

Check out the workshop manual :)

**edit** http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/74693-the-manuals/