Spa Track Day 31st March 2013 and N'ring trip

trackpig

Just back from a trackday at Spa and a day at the Nurburgring.

It was my first time at Spa, it has been the plan to combine a 'ring and Spa day.

We gambled on the weather and it only just paid off.

We woke up on the day of the trackday at Spa to a covering of snow. The track had to been ploughed then gritted. Top work to the track workers for getting it open. It did result in a very very slipply track. It was a total slide fest!

and a vid of the 'ring the day after, having a tussle with a friend in his CSL:

Edited by trackpig

Was that brake or driver fatigue at the end of the Spa vid?

Pesky BM's were a nuisance in the corners though......

But enjoyed those, you were certainly having to work hard at the 'Ring, which seemed very broken up in places :thumbs:

Cheers.

It was a combination- I have to work the brakes hard to pull back what ive lost in the power stakes. The brake pedal was starting to lengthen when I past the Focus.

He was pressuring me once I past and I messed up, I tried to brake later even though my brakes were past their best. Its all great fun!

The N'ring was very tricky, damp patches on the driving line at the apex of a corner certainly focuses the mind!

Ah, Spa in the snow, I now know it well! :lol:

You used a different pit entry/exit than I did (endurance instead of F1 I think), any reason why? What did you think of the track as a whole? And if you noticed, just wondering what your max speed before braking was on the Kemmel straight? Trying to get an idea of how how our Impreza might compare with a sorted Zed 'tis all :)

Ah, Spa in the snow, I now know it well! :lol:

You used a different pit entry/exit than I did (endurance instead of F1 I think), any reason why? What did you think of the track as a whole? And if you noticed, just wondering what your max speed before braking was on the Kemmel straight? Trying to get an idea of how how our Impreza might compare with a sorted Zed 'tis all :)

Not sure about the pits. Two of the lads in our party used the other pits last time they were there. Pot luck!

I really like the track. It has good run off in places so you can push a little more than you might of. Some sections like Au Rouge will bite hard if you get it wrong!

Its a horse power track, I can imagine it gets tedious in a low powered car. The Z did the job again and held its own in a strong pack of track/road cars. My car is standard apart from BC coilovers, 595 tyres and bluestuff pads.

I saw 140mph on the clocks but my speedo over reads due to the size of tyres on the rear. It translate to about 125mph gps. It would have been higher if the track conditions were better but thats what I saw on the day.

Great videos... people that dont move over on track really wind me up... although its fun chasing i guess.

I agree, although the focus in the Spa vid was not really holding me up too much. We were evenly matched around a full lap.