Near mint condition Rays & Bridgestone RE040s

danpollard

As I can now pull all kind of smug faces that I have LMGT4s to run on with my new Zed, the Rays (18") I was previously running are for sale.

I upgraded my previous Zed from the original 18" wheels with these about 6-8 months ago. It is definitely not worth leaving them on the car to sell it, as they are in such good condition, so it's gone back onto the original rims.

They are almost completely mint - absolutely no signs of bubbling at all and only the tiniest of marks on them (I am being very fussy - I thought they were completely mint until I got up close with the camera. High definition pictures of all the wheels, front and back, available (it looks like I'm pretty limited on what I can upload here, understandably).

I'm in Warwickshire, so hopefully as central as possible to get to for the majority. I will consider posting, but I can't say I'm keen, and it would mean waiting until at least the next available weekend, as I have absolutely no time during working hours in the week. From memory, you will get some change from £50 to post, and I would charge what it costs.

Looking for £600 and a happy home for them! :)

Edit: More high resolution photos here:

http://s1305.photobu...brary/350Z Rays

post-14112-0-57445200-1365349387_thumb.jpg

post-14112-0-63061800-1365349601_thumb.jpg

post-14112-0-54664700-1365349633_thumb.jpg

Edited by danpollard

I do agree with Dan in a way but eBay is a bit random with its pricing. Pretty much the same wheels go for anything between 300-500 depending on location.

I sold mine for 560 with only one small curb mark on one wheel. Tyres were brand new Potenzas 050s on the front and 3mm 040s on the rear.

So depends on tread depth I suppose!

Ok, price reduced to £600 based on some of the feedback here and a quick re-check of the market. They are basically as new, with very few blemishes, so I think that's a fair price. I paid £700 for them 6-8 months ago, and did quite a bit of hunting around (including here) to find any in this condition, so don't think that was greatly over the odds.. I never saw any in good condition go for any less than £500, and those I did see in similar condition went for £500 without tyres.

More photos now available for your viewing pleasure!

Hi Dan,

I recently got a 350z and I am looking for a set of Rays wheels. How much life are left in the tyres? Particularly the rears?

I am in Dublin, not sure if that is an issue for you as I would need them posted.

Hi

I haven't got an accurate tread depth gauge, but I'll try to get you an accurate measurement tomorrow or possibly Tuesday if I'm late back tomorrow (i.e. it's dark!). I'd guess about 4mm on the fronts and about 6-7mm on the rears (they were pretty much new when I got them and I don't drive like a loon!)

Ok, I've been out to "measure" the tread depths (read mark lines on a piece of paper and insert into groove - sorry it was the best plan I could think of) and I reckon there's 4mm on the fronts and 5-6mm on the backs. I think I'm probably being harsh on myself, but I'd rather be sure the eventual buyer is happy. The fronts are a little more worn on the edges as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...