Moto Gp 2013/14 Thread

Cheers mate, I can't wait (although not looking forward to the queues for the car park)!

We'll be there all weekend and think the atmos will be electrifying with all the Brits doing so well in each of their classes.

• 4 weeks later...

Thread gone a little quiet which is a shame seeing as we are watching history being made, Marquez breaking all the records and riding it like he stole it, the boy wants to win and not just settle for championship points.......

20.5 years old........

Stunning and what MotoGp needed particularly when Stoner went :)

I wish I'd put some money on Marquez before the season started! Think I'd have a decent fund for Zed mods cone the end of the season! :lol:

Even the 'aliens' are looking at the kid thinking 'he's not from this world'.

I was fortunate enough to watch the race from just in front of the grandstand at Becketts. The crowd's reactions during the last lap were brilliant. Such a great atmosphere. Been a very memorable weekend :)

I was fortunate enough to watch the race from just in front of the grandstand at Becketts. The crowd's reactions during the last lap were brilliant. Such a great atmosphere. Been a very memorable weekend :)

Yeah I bet! I could hear the crowd cheering when the last lap battle went on!

I really hope Lorenzo can close this up :thumbs:

That's awesome mate! Bet they sounded class being that close

They certainly made my K1 sound civilised! :lol: This was taken in the grandstand at Luffield A on Saturday. Turn it UP!

th_SAM_2261_zpsb67a1d49.jpg

Edited by 14N

Jealous much ........ were you able to see how sideways Marquez was? Hes a machine. :lol:

Jealous much ........ were you able to see how sideways Marquez was? Hes a machine. :lol:

He's got nothing on Casey Stoner

Big Stoner fan and now a big Marquez fan, i think Stoner is the fastest rider on a given day, but i dont think he has the out and out consistency of Marquez week in, week out. You never know though, we may see, he is testing for Honda at the moment ;)

Tbh that was Jorge's trump card, not always the fastest, but pretty much always on the podium, i think thats the problem now, he just cant match Marquez's outright pace and consistency. I thought his face was a picture when he was resented with the laptop and saw marquez had beaten his qualifying time, it was just like, i just cant ride any faster!!!!!

Edited by Jetpilot

My only qualm with Marquez is, he is only in the lead because Lorenzo missed Sachsenring and injured himself. pedrosa has always been a nearly rider but he too is carrying that collarbone injury that he has broke how many times? Marquez is fast and on the fastest bike.

Marquez, Pedrosa & Lorenzo have all had one dnf so you are very far from the truth. Lorenzo and Marquez have both had 4 & 5 wins respectively this year and perhaps one thing that gets forgotten is its his rookie year, anything else you want to add??

And before you raise the fastest bike thing, he is still ahead of Pedrosa who has never been off a Honda and ridden it for years!!

Edited by Jetpilot

My only qualm with Marquez is, he is only in the lead because Lorenzo missed Sachsenring and injured himself. pedrosa has always been a nearly rider but he too is carrying that collarbone injury that he has broke how many times? Marquez is fast and on the fastest bike.

Yeah this is my opinion too! Lorenzo will close this back up for sure. Pedrosa will hopefully be more aggressive and push passed Marquez as I think he is taking it easy after the collarbone injury

For pure sideways nothing touches Anthony Gobert IMO, Stoner liked to hang it out but wasnt doing it over kerbs, making his own lines up with his elbow down either. I honestly think Marquez has the potential to be the best ever, dont forget its still only his first season and he still cant drink in the USA yet .......... :scare:

These are cool if you havent seen them though, Valencia 2012 and Japan 2012 - these are control bikes so its all down to the rider:

http://youtu.be/3k6llrYTfTw

http://youtu.be/rrGVGrh9e1E

Edited by docwra

I'm gonna agree with Jetpilot. I think 'the aliens' are very evenly matched this year and Marquez is performing (almost) faultlessly for his rookie season.

Just a shame Casey isn't in the mix too. :(

For pure sideways nothing touches Anthony Gobert IMO

Absolutely loved watching the Go Show, shame he feel into the drug/drink scene :(

Gary McCoy was also pretty good at getting it sliding :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Phillip Island 2013: Well, that's stirred things up a bit! :scare::stir:

Huge **** up by Bridgestone in my opinion, whilst the bike swap was fun to watch, i dont think it represented who was actually fastest and suited George well, not to take anything away from him, he won what and did what he had to do. Bad mistake by Honda or Marq, whom ever seems to be responsible. Actually had my money on Danni this weekend, he seemed to have the best pace on the hard tyre :)

Marq still holds a healthy advantage and can cruise for a 3rd in both races if need be, although i am sure thats not his style.