Moto Gp 2013/14 Thread

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so not the most exciting race on Sunday, gutted for Cal and was a nail biting final couple of laps for Dani and Marc. Good job those Repsol Honda's aren't fitted with mirrors! :lol:

So at this early stage, anyone want to make predictions?

Top 3 positions in the chmapionship?

Where will Cal end up next year?

Is Rossi past his best? Should he really be on the factory Yam?

Will we exer see Randy DeP's Mrs (Lauren Vickers :cloud9: ) on the grid ever again?

• Like 1

I forgot about Randy's misses :)

Carl should get a full works Yam next year....but you can never tell. Maybe he'll be off to Honda.

Rossi? He is still a great rider....give him a few more races. Remember Pedrobaw and George have been on they bikes for a few years now.

Top three at year end:

Lorenzo again (sorry guys....not what I wanted either)

Pedrosa second again.

Marquez / Carl...either way I'd be happy.

And Carl. Dont rule out a shift elsewhere (Red!!!) ...Ducati will come good sooner rather than later.

Edited by aidan

I was so looking forward to this season, Rossi back, Marquez involved, CRT bikes being closer to the prototypes ....... and its pretty much the same as previous years, a bit of a procession - the only action I can really remember in the last two races is whether Marquez is going to get past Pedrosa or not. Watched it twice yesterday, fell asleep both times :(

Not made any better by watching The Unrideables last week, a doc about MotoGP in 1989. Why cant it be like that again?? :(

Predictions:

1st Pedrosa

2nd Marquez

3rd Lorenzo

Summary of the above, Pedrosa is the in form rider, take a look at the stats since midway through last year, better than Lorenzos and ahead in the championship. Jumping to Lorenzo, Catalunya is a Yamaha circuit, he won by the briefest of margins and if he hadnt got in front at the start i am not so sure the result would have been the same. There are a whole bunch of Honda favoured circuits coming up soon, so on that basis, i think the points gap will get bigger, which leads me onto Marquez. His dnf last time round has cost him dear, 20 points last time out for a 2nd and a subsequent 3rd for Lorenzo would have put them on near enough the same total, but think he will bridge the gap with the Honda favoured circuits coming up. Also listening to commentary and Neil Spalding, if Jorge has to push that Yamaha it wont like it, so perhaps a dnf for him whilst pushing will leave the door open for Marquez. You also have to remember Lorenzo is on his 4th engine, so he only has two to last him the rest of the season, Honda is only on its 2nd, if Lorenzo has to use another engine, its a points deduction.

I hope the title goes that way to be honest, much as i would like to see Marquez win, after all the bad luck little Danni has had in previous years had i think it would be a deserved title.

Rossi is past it i am afraid, perhaps he has a win or two left in him if Danni, Jorge, Marc all fall on the same race, lol, but not a championship, not even close. Unfortunately he has a two year deal at Yamaha so you wont see Cal on a works Yamaha next year unless Rossi throws the towel in, quite possible if he gets beaten by Cal's satellite Yamaha (which is all i think he should focus on doing). So where does Cal go next year, take a punt and wait on the 2015 Suzuki (unknown quantity), switch to Ducati, i would be surprised by both to be honest as i dont think either will be as good as the Tech3, depends if he remains outspoken about Tech3 and is forced to leave.

• Like 2

Jetpilot, on train and on my phone at mo so can't write as full a response, but in a nutshell, I'm in agreement with all your points. It would be nice to see Dani win a championship as he's been bridesmaid so many times. He's on his best ever form at present and if he doesn't win it this year, I don't think he ever will.

As you mention engines, it reminded me of something that occurred to me during qualifying. Is Bradley at a disadvantage qualifying top of the first group, to then go do it all again in the second group for final grid positions?

I understand why qualifying is like this, and think the 15 minute blasts make it exciting, but is Bradley putting his engine under more strain by going out in both sessions?

I think they were saying with the engine allotment, 4 engines need to last 3 races and 1 4 races to make it work, i guess the extra few minutes of say 5 extra laps would make for a small disadvantage, but perhaps not noticeable.

I just had to share this photo of Bradl from the weekend. Knee down, elbow down, shoulder (almost) down. How much lean angle??? :scare: Mucho respect.

95EF93B2-ABF5-4744-A2AE-EB78CC38FB7E-1530-000001611B83ECD4_zpsf5a241ac.jpg

Edited by 14N

• 2 weeks later...

Lorenzo has broken his left hand side collarbone in FP2 so very very unlikely to race tomorrow.

Marquez has a fracture or two in his hand, but will race.

A week gap and then two left hand circuits coming up, doesnt bode well for his championship this year.

Yams will do well at Assen, so Jorge has to hope Rossi and Cal can keep the Hondas out of the big points :)

Edited by Jetpilot

Just seen qualifying.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: That is all for now....

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lorenzo tomorrow. Premiership footballers take 6 months off work if they stub a toe.

I love motorcycle racing.

• 2 weeks later...

Lorenzo down again in FP2, highsiding and landing on his left hand side again, bending the titanium plate.

"apparently", before i speak too soon, he has withdrawn from the German GP as needs to undergo surgery again to correct.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it.

And whilst I'm here and amongst like minded people, can I just say Ride In Peace Andrea Antonelli :(

Missed wsb and wss, so sorry to see this, fortunately deaths are quite rare, especially when you consider how vulnerable they are :(

Conditions in Moscow were horrendous. Fortunately because of the shear wall of spray, you didn't see the accident, unlike Marco's that was just sickening.

There's no way they should of been racing in those conditions.

I am very pleased to say, i had Sky+ the race Marco died in and saw the news before i had a chance to watch (which would normally irritate me), it was instantly deleted without a glance.

It often stuns me how they seemingly can get off at such ludicrous speeds and get up and walk away.