Moto Gp 2013/14 Thread

It was always gonna be Honda's race though, due to the track layout. Just like Quater was Yamaha's. 1-1 now.

Though it interesting that both Dani and Marc chose different tyres, but both performed equally.

Nothing special about getting your elbow down tho. I've done it myself.

Only problem was my elbow was very shortly followed by my arse, head and bike. :(

Mmmmmmm it seemed more about the tyres than the bloody racing,it was formula1 take 2 a little.It showed that Honda had tested there.

Factory Yamahas also tested there!

Please could Rossi and Cal swap teams for the rest of the season :)

Think we will be hearing a lot about Marquez over the next 10 years :scare:

• Like 1

Please could Rossi and Cal swap teams for the rest of the season :)

+ a billion trillion :)

I think Lorenzo would agree too. He congratulated Cal in all his post race interviews.

I know Rossi has a lot of fans and could be argued that is the best we have seen, but i am just tiring of him a bit now and the motogp is all about Rossi fanboys. He has had his time (a very successful one at that) and things move on and if the start of this season doesnt go to show Cal cuts the mustard on a parts bin bike, i dont think there will be any hope of him getting a full factory ride.

Lets just hope Cal finishes above Rossi over the season, i know Cal is desperate to prove himself as a contender and capable of winning a motogp but think he would be much better focussed on just competing against Rossi rather than pushing for podiums or wins.

One thing to be said as well, was gutted to have Stoner leave but at least with Marquez there is someone equally as impressive to watch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Marquez has put some spark back into MotoGP to watch that has been missing since simoncelli unfortunate departure. Hated the guys creepy smile in moto2 but becoming a bit of a fan now. Hes deffo a real racer and puts 110% in every race

Yep, agree with you guys. Marquez is definitely gonna be one to watch.

The last lap 'incident' was a racing one. Jorge left the door ajar and Marc didn't need a second invitation. I thought he was a reckless at times in Moto2, but already starting to like the kid.

Marquez has put some spark back into MotoGP to watch that has been missing since simoncelli unfortunate departure. Hated the guys creepy smile in moto2 but becoming a bit of a fan now. Hes deffo a real racer and puts 110% in every race

I thought Stoner did that, buy for some reason, loads took to disliking him even though watching him ride a bike was just awesome and thought the same when i saw Marquez yesterday, shame we dont have the both of them :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone caught LeMans, best race for years, even if it was due the rain. Cant quite believe Marquez was lapping at least a second or more a lap faster than everyone, that boy has some serious skills, never riden a MotoGp bike in the wet, 11 laps to learn and then catching the front riders hand over fist :wacko:

Highlight for me though was Cal getting 2nd, just goes to show he should be on the works Yamaha rather than Rossi, especially after being smacked up in free practice and if he carries on like this i reckon he will get that works bike next year!

Wasnt Cal nearly a second quicker at one stage though? Still cant believe hes stuck on a satellite bike ........ but then Alex Espargaro has it even worse :scare:

He had a couple of fastest laps at the start but then his pace settled. Marquez was constantly a second or more quicker than front runners every lap once he got used to things, remarkable talent.

great race at weekend, shame for rossi the bike let go both ends lol, top job for Cal well deserved and more to come i believe, Marquez is a freak of nature seriously talented. Good to see Hamilton everywhere in the paddock like a kid in a sweetshop

Wasnt Cal nearly a second quicker at one stage though? Still cant believe hes stuck on a satellite bike ........ but then Alex Espargaro has it even worse :scare:

to be fair....the satellite yams aren't much different to the works bikes, probably the closest in the paddock.

Think even on a donkey...Cal would still be trying his hardest. Lets hope some more results follow. Would be great to see a Brit in the top three at end of year. Whether Yam will give him a works bike?? Dont think so...its all about cash these days. Shame really.

But marquez!!!! Has no fear of falling....which will change. Gifted rider though.

Just watched the race. I've been out the country on hols, so spent the week avoiding anything that might publish results (including reading this thread) :lol:

But as it is motorcycle racing, avoiding any press coverage was pretty easy :thumbdown: Had 6 channel of football though :(

FANTASTIC RACE! And I think Cal's performance can be summed up in a sentence: Fall off, fracture leg then CUCLE TO MEDICAL CENTRE! The guy is a legend.

Fergie - I'm going to Silverstone mate. Got a weekend pass for me and the other half. :thumbs: Anyone else?

But marquez!!!! Has no fear of falling....which will change. Gifted rider though.

Did I speak to soon....think Marquez's fear factor might have jumped a bit !!!

Horrendous looking spill, gets away with a chin plaster, amazing. Did you see Cal drop it in final qualifying yet still get a good spot on the grid, true grit.

Good quali yesterday what a stack by Marquez , he done it again in same place to later on! Utter balls to keep pushing after them, Cal was miraculous again but good snipe by pesrosa at the end i thought he would get 3rd at best, come on Rossi stay on the bike please! Dovi has got a good shot at it today to

Proud to be British again today. Our boys did a fantastic job and it was good to hear the national anthem for Scotty again.

Great result for Cal, just wish he'd had a few more laps to claim Dani's position. Good result for Bradders too. His finger looks like it might be a bit sore....

928F61A6-8985-438F-B2D5-BD704D12C1C1-3219-00000293254D0EA9_zps52b06142.jpg