Moto Gp 2013/14 Thread

Been very lucky, caught the end of Spencers career, most of Doohans, Rossi and now watching history with this young fella. Personally think this is the best though as Marquez has humbled a lot of serious competition, Rossi, Lorenzo and even Pedrosa.

My only complaint, just wish Stoner had hung around for another year, 5 of the best riders in the last decade would have been awesome.

• Like 1

I thought that was spectacular personally, some of the things that kid does with that bike is breathtaking B)

To change the subject slightly, did anyone catch the brief Fogarty chat on the grid, whilst i know he was an awesome talent i just hate his arrogance and particularly his poor excuse not to have gone to MotoGp :rant:

• 3 weeks later...

Over the last few races the Yam's have been getting closer to the Honda's and now I think they're on a level playing field. Throw Dovi into the mix (at least for the early stages of the race) like he has been and I think we'll have an exciting close to the season.

Marquez was clearly trying to keep up with Rossi in Italy and look what happened. It's great to see that the top riders do like and enjoy a proper 'race' when they're challenged with plenty of (some borderline legit :lol: ) over/undertaking maneuvers..

I think it was mentioned on commentary that when Maquez remounted he was lapping the same times as Pedrosa so effectively when chasing Rossi, he was .5 a second quicker than he should have been. Honda dont do well at that track with only one win in recent years so wasnt surprised to see a Yam at the top, but surprised it wasnt Lorenzo, maybe he just took the wrong punt running the hard front?

I guess your referring to Marquez move on Lorenzo at Silverstone, got to be honest, i saw absolutely nothing wrong with that, Lorenzo wasnt on the apex and left a gap, sure he must know by now Marquez wont need a 2nd invitation and should have covered it, but still, didnt have the fight or pace to keep challenging from that point, there seems to be an almost inevitability that once he has passed they kind of give up if they cant pass straight back.

Totally agree on all points. There wasn't anything wrong with any of the passes we've seen so far and you can tell watching the rides in parc ferme after the race that they agree. I do think Marqueuz of old is sometimes making an appearance, but the more mature Marquez that he is now is still in control.

I'm not complaining - it makes for great racing! :thumbs:

I know many wonder what it would be like with Marquez and Stoner on the same track, but I wonder what it would be like with Simoncelli also fighting for the lead, knowing he wasn't afraid to 'bring it' and given he'd have a few more years experience too.

RIP#58.

If Keith Huewen is to be believed he reckons Marquez would win overall as he is consistently quick, Stoner more hit and miss, would be the battle I would love to see though.

By all accounts there is lot of animosity from Lorenzo for Marquez's overtakes, just annoyed he keeps getting done over if you ask me :)

If Keith Huewen is to be believed he reckons Marquez would win overall as he is consistently quick, Stoner more hit and miss, would be the battle I would love to see though.

By all accounts there is lot of animosity from Lorenzo for Marquez's overtakes, just annoyed he keeps getting done over if you ask me :)

• 3 weeks later...

My first passion is motorbikes :D

I watch all the racing, BSB,WSB, MOT GP, AMA, ITALIAN SERIES

Best of all is moto 3, hoards of young nutters all going for the same piece of tarmac, no prisoners taken, brilliant

Rob

Best of all is moto 3, hoards of young nutters all going for the same piece of tarmac, no prisoners taken, brilliant

Rob

cough, cough IOM TT :thumbs: went there with a team and run a 400 there (not riding myself) awesome experience B)

the speeds are breath taking, you think you ride fast until you go there ;)

Rob

cough, cough IOM TT :thumbs: went there with a team and run a 400 there (not riding myself) awesome experience B)

the speeds are breath taking, you think you ride fast until you go there ;)

Ah,yes, forgot to mention the TT, they are just fecking nuts

Rob

• Like 2

And Le Mans 24 hour. (Plus the other endurance races).

Been a few times to Le Mans on me bike. Really strange that you can watch the start of a race, eat, drink, (hic) fall asleep, stagger back to the track, drink more, pass out, regain consciousness and still be watching the same race that you vaguely remember watching the start of a number of hours ago! :lol::drunk:

• Like 2

And so, we have crowned the 2014 MotoGP World Champion :#1:

The fight :boxing: for second and third place in the championship should make the remaining rounds interesting.

Gutted for Danny Kent and his last lap in Moto3, fantastic ride though

Another season for broken records, youngest rider to win two consecutive world championships, since the legendary Hailwood., the boys got talent and we have witnessed history in a fashion!!

Really hoping Danni gets 2nd actually, but Jorge has seemed to find some late season form like last year.

Going to plumb for, Dani, Jorge & Valentino

What a great last race as well, if someone had told me that would be the result immediately after the first race Id have thought they were on drugs :lol:

Great work by the Yam development guys, but I wonder how much Honda took their foot off the pedal on the 14 bike to concentrate on the 15 version ..........

What a great last race as well, if someone had told me that would be the result immediately after the first race Id have thought they were on drugs :lol:

Great work by the Yam development guys, but I wonder how much Honda took their foot off the pedal on the 14 bike to concentrate on the 15 version ..........

Very interested to see what the change of tyre manufacturer makes next year, i think they were testing on Monday if the typhoon stayed away, i guess with most single tyre make series it all depends who gets the tyre to work best, as Honda have this year! Its taken over half the season for Lorenzo to get his head or bike around them!

Looking forward to seeing Suzuki back thats for sure and hoping the Ducatis manage to get the harder tyre to work :)

Well that was eventful, not sure i have ever seen so many world class riders loosing the front without any warning. Was it the tyre or track?

Also not sure if anyone caught the brief interview with Stoner and they mentioned testing and coming back, not in this lifetime was the reply.........I wonder if it will be a different story if he is on the pace when he tests??

Yeah, it was so bittersweet. Totally gutted for Cal, but so pleased for Bradders. Did make the bottom lip quiver too!

I think it was the tyres more than the track. Most of the calls were from the upright position, on the cold centre of the tyre.