Range Rover Sport - Purchased page 5

marzman

I'm going to see this at 4pm on the way home from Japfest tomorrow. It's going to be a loooong day for me! My money is sorted i just need to find the right car.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201305026569435/sort/default/usedcars/model/range_rover_sport/make/land_rover/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/sk102hx/page/1/quicksearch/true/radius/1500?logcode=p

Yay - another one of the fold that will look like a drug dealer in their daily hack. :lol:

Expect to not be let out at junctions. On the plus side, you normally win the single lane of traffic jousts :lol:

:lol: :lol:

...;and my wife-to-be is black so i'll definitely look like a dealer :lol: (it's not racist, im allowed to say it!)

Yay - another one of the fold that will look like a drug dealer in their daily hack. :lol:

Expect to not be let out at junctions. On the plus side, you normally win the single lane of traffic jousts :lol:

:lol: :lol:

...;and my wife-to-be is black so i'll definitely look like a dealer :lol: (it's not racist, im allowed to say it!)

:lol:

If Carlsberg made Saturdays....

So after a 3.30am start and a great day out at Japfest, i had an appointment to go and view a Range Rover Sport in the midlands on my way home.

45mins later i had agreed to buy it and paid a deposit :yahoo:

I'll be picking it up one night in the week... very excited!

...and then whilst driving home i saw that City lost the cup final. GET IN :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's some pics:

DBE030C1-BCAA-4829-9528-D30972CC6589-120-0000000208A10887_zpsb323578c.jpg

1901003E-7332-4E76-9046-80359D3BF809-120-00000002006D306E_zps6e0ad1a8.jpg

585B0E22-E2F7-4F2B-9E51-3E3B228EC4F8-120-00000001F7240B0F_zpsf74bdf96.jpg

40ACA6A1-4AB5-4775-B835-2D2932566608-120-00000001EE039E78_zpsee911d97.jpg

6618B7F5-7258-472C-A0A4-72EBDF7349A5-120-00000001E348FB2D_zps3601461a.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks fellas, im really pleased with what i've seen of it, and as you say Taddy, it does appear to be a bit of a bargain.

Nice one, yesterday i couldn't tell if you were more excited about going out on track or heading off to see the new purchase.

Enjoy.

:lol: To be honest i wasnt in the mood for going to Japfest once i'd seen the weather, but i absolutely loved it and im glad i did. It was great to see everyone again. Then similarly i thought about not bothering with the track session but im glad i did as it was absolutely great - most i've ever enjoyed a track session.... so after that i was thinking.... 'what do i need an RRS for, maybe i'll not bother going to see it'.... but i did and... im glad i did :lol:

Looks mint for a 2005. Anything other than black makes the range sport look weak

Was the zed traded in?

Agree... it had to be a black one.

Nope... the Zed's going nowhere!!!! Im never selling it!

adverts been pulled now - but saw it earlier.................in excess of 100K mileage though ?? - i can't remember whether it was a derv or petrol though ?

adverts been pulled now - but saw it earlier.................in excess of 100K mileage though ?? - i can't remember whether it was a derv or petrol though ?

Yeh 108k miles, Diesel.

Im not overly concerned by the mileage... i'll be doing about 8-10k a year in it so i should get at least 2 or 3 more years before it starts losing major money due to the mileage. There are loads for sale with 140k plus so i dont believe there are any questions about longevity. Also the rate of depreciation with these is scary, so buying right at the bottom of the market should limit my exposure to that.

I honestly think this guy has under-priced this car... he paid £19k for it in Nov 2011 with 85k on the clock and im giving him £13.5k. It's got a full landrover service history and compared to others i've been looking at i think this car could be worth up to £15k. The tell tale is that the guy said it had only been for sale for 1 day when i got in touch!

Get a warranty Chris. My cousin has just sent his back after he bought it used from guy salmon. Owned it 10 months, in the dealer for repairs 6 months (I'm not making this up) total bills came to £12k luckily it was under warranty.

He had enough and they have him a refund.

I know they have serious problems so get it covered.

Get a warranty Chris. My cousin has just sent his back after he bought it used from guy salmon. Owned it 10 months, in the dealer for repairs 6 months (I'm not making this up) total bills came to £12k luckily it was under warranty.

He had enough and they have him a refund.

I know they have serious problems so get it covered.

Cheers mate, i've been reading a worrying number of these horror stories. Looking into the AA breakdown warranty which is only £71 a year, and they give you 5x £500 claims per year. But you only have access to this if you have called them out for a breakdown or for homestart. I need to do some reading to see if it's any good.

Just picked the Range up tonight... what a car!

Even for the 2.7 diesel it feels pretty rapid. Plenty of power yet a near silent drive from within the cabin. I got 29mpg on the way home too.

Lots of extras on it... voice control sat-nav is a nice touch, and it's even got a fridge! It's really easy to drive too and incredibly comfortable. I'll see if i can take some pics tomorrow.

I now own my 2 of my 3 all time dream cars (Zed and RRS) ... the only other car i've had on my dream list is an F40, but i don't think i'll be getting one of those any time soon. :lol: