1st time DA detail

dErZ

OMFG it's hard work!

I purchased the das 6 pro late last year and thought as I have this week off I'd give it a go.

Snow foamed, double bucket wash, clayed, ipa'd then I started with the sonus sfx 1 pad with menzerna po203 s, then sonus Sfx 3 pad with po85 rd, ipa'd then using the da I applied my wax (collinite) then a spritzing of zaino 8. I need to redo the back of the car but that can wait.

Took me 8 hours to do the sides, 3 hours for the bonnet, 4 hours on the boot and I haven't even started on the bumpers yet!

Hats off to the pro's!,

_MG_9851_zps3daba413.jpg

_MG_9849_zps2edaf709.jpg

Theres nothing rewarding doing it by hand! The results are far far better with da or rotary, takes more than one day to it all properly

NIce work mate, Azure is easily the best colour to be detailed, the colour really pops and that zaino z8 really gives it that gloss look, altough i wouldnt use it after waxing the car as the wax wont have fully cured and the z8 isnt really neded on top, z8 is an lsp on its own

I'd go so far as to say doing it by hand you are wasting your time. You won't get any correction by hand just a good cleanse. Results with a DA speak for themselves once its done, well worth the effort.

Good going OP. Just think when it's all done it will look even better :thumbs:

I've only ever really used autoglym SRP on a silver car and it did mask tiny scratches with fillers and some of its abrasive properties but it took so much effort I wanted to gt a DA.

You can't see the corrections until the sun is shinning so my 2 passes today may of been a waste of time. It's all a learning curve though. I know on my 1st go I had too much polish on the pad as the poors got clogged (I was putting 4 pea sized drops on) today 2 or 3 drops worked much better.

Using the DA killed my quads and lower back yesterday and today my thumb feels like its got some form of RSI.

Cheers for the heads up Arran.

Using the DA killed my quads and lower back yesterday and today my thumb feels like its got some form of RSI.

I know the feeling, I've killed my lower back a few times polishing the car - it always feels fine until I try to stand up straight. :lol:

Great results though, well worth the time and effort (and pain).

I know the feeling, I've killed my lower back a few times polishing the car - it always feels fine until I try to stand up straight. :lol:

Great results though, well worth the time and effort (and pain).

Agreed. Once you've done it yourself you have a new found appreciation for the pain detailers go through daily! I can see why so many have to retire because of back problems.