High Mileage Zeds

Fluke

I know the engines on these cars are fairly bullet proof and that nowadays nearly all car engines can cover high mileage, but is anyone else still put off by cars with loads of mileage? My MX5 only has 45k on the clock and its 2000 model. I keep looking through auto trader etc.. and see cars I like, but when I see 80k miles for instance on a car costing 7-8k it puts me off a bit.

what sort of mileage has yours got and would you be put off by high mileage?

BTW - I know a car that's supposedly spent a lot of its life doing motorway miles should be okay, but there's no guarantee.

Hi !

I try to go for low mileage cars, but as long as there is a full service history, and i really liked the car i would still go for it ! Also bare in mind about the amount of owners. The more owners there are may bring risks about how they "ALL" looked after/drove it.

i only have 27000 on the clock. That's why i thought it would be okay. I tend not to buy a car with many miles because it puts me off because it is a sports coupe, which means people have had a tiny bit of fun, having said that many cars will run forever now :)

I was always told that 12k for the first year and 10k every year after was the norm. I was looking at a car with 71k miles going for £6.5k, looks okay in the pictures, but travelling over a 100 miles to see a dog would be a pisser.

2 owners and 37500 miles with full history was a major part in buying mine but i also paid top dollar. It seems to me that one of the major differences in the prices on these cars is the milage

I wanted to get the best standard car i could afford as i plan to keep it for a long time but like most modern cars if its had regular oil and filter changes and not been abused it will go on for ever.

You pays yer money and makes yer choice so each to their own.

I plan on keeping mine for a few years, hence my reason to get one with as little mileage as possible. I know I will need to travel, but my work schedule means that I don't have a lot of free time at the moment. I'very been dragged into work today, and will have to work Sat,Sun and Monday. :rant: I had plans to go and look at a few this weekend, but that's all out the window now.

I've recently bought one with 81K on the clock & it feels just the same as the 37K one I sold a few years ago.

As for traveling to see one, why not stick up a link & see if there's anyone close by who can take a look for you?

A mate of mine on here is selling a lovely black JDM with nismo kit auto box on a 02.

He has yet to put it in the for sale site but has it on his own website.

I have had a drive and like it.

But it all depends on what your financial and expectations are.

Good thing at the moment is it's still a buyers market.

Buy on condition not on mileage.

+1

Proof of regular oil changes (not necessarily dealer) , use of premium fuel (hard to prove i know) and good general condition all round.

I use the same criteria with the opposite sex :lol:

:lol: