is this a copy of the 350z, bloody french!!

deankenny

Doesn't give any potential buyers any confidence in the build quality and hand brake performance when your show car has blocks in front and behind the wheels on a flat surface :scare:

LEt me just clear my throat *ahem*....hand you your glasses and say...That looks nothing like the Zed... :scare: The rear lights might be the same rough shape..thats it, side profile, nor the front looks like a zed lol. I think they 'almost' got it. The backs nice, double bubble roof, the twin exhausts on one side only didn't help (think they may have fixed that with newer ones...cant mind), the sides ok but the profiles ruined by the high front end. Surely... they could have made the front less.. gaping. When I first saw it I thought it would have a swoopy nose but its just a tall ...308.. lol I know you need a longer bonnet to lower it but still... could do better. (I have seen the new one and its still not that nice).

Insides is nice, love the seats (looked at them before the Z) but the pedals are still from a tiny hatchback... small. I'd have one if they sorted the pedals, made it faster, and sorted the front. Peugeot have done well with it though i won't deny that, we need more adventurous stuff like this from other car makers as affordable 'sports' cars are not in abundance.

i yearn for another good french car from the pug maker. loved the 205Gti and the 306 GTi6 since then its been a bit meh! the 206 gti180 was just a fat tarted 206 and since then its like they gave up on their heritage.

renault have some interesting projects in the pipe line to look forward to. i just wish pug would do more.

as for the looks. its a TT homage; TT came first then the zed then the pug. they all follow similiar design lines, but thats just coupe styling for you.

Cars are gettin' a bit better lookin and less 'cheap' looking especially with little hatchbacks. I saw a red brand new Clio today...they look fantastic!

Yeah they are aren't they. Big but a good improvement over previous generations. Why the huge Renault badge though? It's just too big

Yeah I agree there badges do seem to get a bit 'IN YOUR FACE'... lol Also why are things getting fatter. I know we have safety, but surely everything doesn't need to follow the same route. Remember when an Astra was a medium sized hatch?.... Have you seen the new Astra, Megane lol. One of the only ones I can think of that hasn't had a 'fat' intake is the new Focus (mind you im not its styles biggest fan..but you get the point). Even driving down the motorway this morning... a scirroco...its sleak ..from some angles then from others you realise its quite tall and fatty lookin :shrug: Anyone else get what am on about? lol

• Like 1

Yeah I agree there badges do seem to get a bit 'IN YOUR FACE'... lol Also why are things getting fatter. I know we have safety, but surely everything doesn't need to follow the same route. Remember when an Astra was a medium sized hatch?.... Have you seen the new Astra, Megane lol. One of the only ones I can think of that hasn't had a 'fat' intake is the new Focus (mind you im not its styles biggest fan..but you get the point). Even driving down the motorway this morning... a scirroco...its sleak ..from some angles then from others you realise its quite tall and fatty lookin :shrug: Anyone else get what am on about? lol

The new focus looks huge in my eyes! Cars are getting wider because most people are getting wider too! :) Personally I cant see any Z in that rcz, except for the 3rd letter of it's name. if you think that's an ugly French sports car, did anyone see the Renault Wind? That was like a Clio and a Sport KA had a cheeky rendezvous at 30mph.

those who said does not look similar from behind maybe this may change your mind

0e2532468d654e49aaf5a84d2592ade3.png?1363912414

I can see that they are both black, with red rear lights and have a coupé body style. They also both have a recess for a numberplate, wing mirrors, windows and four wheels. :wiggle:

Can't really see it myself, however I don't understand people ragging on the RCZ. I applaud the fact Peugot took a risk and styled a car differently to the rest. I think It's a very good shape, especially with the double bubble roof, and for the money its a very attractive option to all the other boring looking appliances on the road.

MSV use these as the instructor cars in Oulton so they can't be that bad... (all be it with a Big Brake Kit installed)

Do they??... I'm not exactly a track day know it all but I do remember the pedals (aswell as being small) being rather weirdly placed in height - specifically the clutch you had to lift your foot a good bit up to put your foot on it, bit akward for track use I would have thought. (this was last year odds so im going from vague memory lol)

Edited by AMT