WHATS IN A NAME?

Zedrush

Hya guys,

I've seen many different user names all over the forum. I thought it would be cool to have a thread where people explained what their names stood for and/or why they chose it. Something different, but some of the responses could be very interesting.

For me I chose Zedrush cos i love 350Z and Im always in a rush...

Wow, interesting right? I know. :blush::headhurt:

Come on lets have your responses.. especially Sarnie and Sl114

:thumbs:

I used to be nicknamed "The Tank" by my football team mates way back when I was at school and it's just stayed with me. After living in France for a while, I came back with an added bit of European flair to my game and my name changed to "Le Tank"! (Ok, so I lied about the flair! ;) )

The 87 part was only added so I could get an ebay account and that represents the year that my football team won the greatest FA cup final ever!!! :#1::teeth:

I used to be nicknamed "The Tank" by my football team mates way back when I was at school and it's just stayed with me. After living in France for a while, I came back with an added bit of European flair to my game and my name changed to "Le Tank"! (Ok, so I lied about the flair! ;) )

The 87 part was only added so I could get an ebay account and that represents the year that my football team won the greatest FA cup final ever!!! :#1::teeth:

Ah je suis tres content qu'il y a un autre person qui peut parler francais. C'est dommage que je ne suis pas bon quand j'essaye d'ecrire francais. :teeth:

Ah je suis tres content qu'il y a un autre person qui peut parler francais. C'est dommage que je ne suis pas bon quand j'essaye d'ecrire francais. :teeth:

You wot? :wacko:;)

You wot? :wacko:;)

Sorry ill put my french dictionary away, trying to sound interlectrical :lol:

Zzzz...

When I started creating an account here I thought:

1. must have a zed in it...

2. must have a double meaning ...

3. must be completely anonymous...

4. must be a bit quirky...

as I was thinking this I started pressing the Z key and the name just appeared...

who needs imagination when the keyboard can do it for you...

plus quite appropiate as I like sleeping... :p

whats a key grip? :wacko:

Basically every peice of equiptment that is used with the camera to get whatever shot a director wants, is my responsability.

I build tracks, operate dollys, build & operate camera cranes. build rigs and attatch cameras to cars, motorbikes, helicopters etc.

I'm also in charge of the safety of the camera operator, so I fit him with harnesses and say if the shot can be done or not.

So when you see a film or a tv show and think "how did they get a camera to do that" thats my job

This was a rig I build for a car that was to be rolled down a cliff side, the car was completely trashed, but the camera & footage was able to be retrieved in 1 piece

DSCF0021.jpg

carstunt.jpg

This was to be a point of view shot of a girl who tried to commit suicide (obviously just for TV)

DSCF0023.jpg

Basic car bonnet mount for digibeta camera (emmerdale)

DSCF0015.jpg

rig built to have a camera over the edge of a cherry picker bucket 100ft in the air

55SG0034.jpg

Track build for dolly work

487D0008.jpg

whats a key grip? :wacko:

Basically every peice of equiptment that is used with the camera to get whatever shot a director wants, is my responsability.

I build tracks, operate dollys, build & operate camera cranes. build rigs and attatch cameras to cars, motorbikes, helicopters etc.

Excellent, right boys! We know who's in charge of camera mounting for next drive out! :thumbs:

:teeth:

Madgrip you have an awesome job... how much do you charge if you dont mind me asking, when I watch a movie or tv and see some mad camera shots take place I never really appreciate the work gone into getting that shot until now. Must take ages to set up for one shot..Fantastic mate :thumbs:

The job is interesting & I get new challenges with it all the time. Its still a very competetive job as theres always lots of freelance grips applying for the same show, so it takes a while to get you're name around and to find a good Director of photography & camera op that trust you 100%.

As for rates, if it was a full time job, it would be a 6 figure salary, but being freelance I only work about 6 - 8 months of the year. I probably could do more, but I'm not greedy & at 60 + hours a week theres only so much you want to do. I've just won a contract which starts shooting 11th June until 23rd November which I'm pleased about as its a show I've done for the last 3 years

Cheers

Phil

Quality!! .I'm guessing you use all their equipment so you need different mounting brackets for different camera's?

Back on topic my name is because when i was younger (probably still do!) i used to mumble my words alot. anyhow when my brothers mate came round our house for my brother, he asked where he was and my response was that "he was in bed" which actually came out as (he'sinbad) to which he replied "what? sinbad?", "heeeee'sinbad!!" This went on for about five minutes until i actually let him in and look for himself. lol. So ever since i was an innocent 7 year old ive always had the **** taken out of me and been stuck with Sinbad!

Abit pants aint it.