Scott's Project Zed

Scott TMN

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing too major at the moment, but just a few parts going on tomorrow :)

-Handbrake shoes (Thanks Clarke Motorsport)

-Hosetechnik Braided Brake Hoses

-6000k HID bulbs (to replace my dodgey cheapy 6000k bulbs)

53E3ECCE-F7EC-4CAA-92C7-6A9B126802C8-1048-0000006AB6394623_zpsb4a1a1a7.jpg

And a recent picture taken at a meet last weekend

CC02C1B1-713E-4CD5-8C9C-42E0AF7CA977-1048-0000006ABBF05701_zpsa3c1cef1.jpg

Have a look in this thread I've linked Scott as there is a great PDF file in it for doing the handbrake shoes and adjustment.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/86996-hand-brake/

Hope it helps and good luck with it. :thumbs:

Thanks for the link mate, it was in the garage anyway so just got them to do it. Couldn't fit the hoses thought app rears to be a manufacturig problem :/

Have a look in this thread I've linked Scott as there is a great PDF file in it for doing the handbrake shoes and adjustment.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...996-hand-brake/

Hope it helps and good luck with it. :thumbs:

Thanks for the link mate, it was in the garage anyway so just got them to do it. Couldn't fit the hoses thought app rears to be a manufacturig problem :/

That sucks. :thumbdown: Hope it's sorted out soon.

Got my Zed in the paint shop this week so I'm missing mine. :byebye::lol:

I know! Gonna give forge Motorsport an email I reckon!

What's yours doing in the shop then mate?

Respraying the front bumper (stone chips/bit of lacquer peel), respraying the d/s skirt (scratched by previous owner who presumably wore cowboy boots with spurs), respraying the rear quarter/bumper (few rust bubbles & lacquer peel) and possibly spraying the roof where there where a few stone chips that I touched up. Nothing much really. :shrug::lol:

Picking it up tomorrow hopefully if all goes to plan. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Respraying the front bumper (stone chips/bit of lacquer peel), respraying the d/s skirt (scratched by previous owner who presumably wore cowboy boots with spurs), respraying the rear quarter/bumper (few rust bubbles & lacquer peel) and possibly spraying the roof where there where a few stone chips that I touched up. Nothing much really. :shrug::lol:

Sounds extensive haha always a nice thought getting rid of them niggly bit though :)

Sounds extensive haha always a nice thought getting rid of them niggly bit though :)

It is good getting those bits sorted, ...when the spray shop aren't d**ks who f**k things up. :scare::rant:

Got it back ~ paint match is good which was worrying me a little.

Happy with the roof, front bumper and side skirt (despite having to tighten screws up they missed) but bubbles appeared on the rear quarter again after only two days!!. Going back tomorrow to kick off and get them to sort it. Not sure how they f**ked it up but I know one thing I'm not paying for them to fix it. :dry:

Just lucky I've got two weeks off work now so if it does need to go in it's not a problem being without the Zed for a few days. ;)

Jheez mate, not good atall! Hope you get it all sorted ok! Although with my previous experiences with body shops im not surprised unfortunately. I am yet to find one i'm truly happy with! After a recent respray on my front bumper, 2 months later if that imperfections including lifting paint emerged, I was told it is what it is and im being too picky....

Hope you get it all sorted ok mate!

No major update as of yet but hopefully should be receiving some under bonnet carbon bits from another member within the week, so rest assured some pics will be taken once they are on :)

Just wanted to share some pictures that were taken last weekend at a little photoshoot meet I went to.

1FA9BBAA-4E4D-4402-BF23-C458C5FE84B2-194-00000006020C81E8_zps9e4fc936.jpg

A9AD1E33-676C-4683-AEFF-8B274522E971-194-0000000609D73DB6_zps90ec7e4d.jpg

EB830E25-1AAD-4DC7-ADDC-72138501AE80-194-000000060E62DDF9_zps725707c3.jpg

68341FD5-20AE-4281-A871-03DCC4EDA0E9-194-00000006145A7EC7_zps05c6ef56.jpg

011A514D-8313-47B7-ABAF-C212633B17A5-194-000000061166CCB7_zps4751c064.jpg

BE301B6E-A636-46E1-B4AA-0B40BD24CA0A-194-00000005FEFBC76B_zps59c74bc2.jpg

Also have some canards to go on my front bumper too now, so ill get them on after Iv given them a spray :)

Have been giving a lot of thought to the rear of the car latlety too, was very very close to ordering the esprit spoiler, although certain angles have put me off a little. Debadging the boot is inevitable, but would like to decide on the spoiler situation first, if atall? The only spoiler I seem to not dislike from certain angles is the Blitz, which seems to work well with everything. A TS diffuser maybe to compliment the V1 spats? Or leave the Backbox on show with the bumper tuck? C/C welcome as always :)

1548202_448948305241727_3763662395644299955_o_zps47c706f1.jpg

• Like 2

Jheez mate, not good atall! Hope you get it all sorted ok! Although with my previous experiences with body shops im not surprised unfortunately. I am yet to find one i'm truly happy with! After a recent respray on my front bumper, 2 months later if that imperfections including lifting paint emerged, I was told it is what it is and im being too picky....

Hope you get it all sorted ok mate!

Thanks Scott.

Bit gutted to say the least ~ I chose the body shop I did because they did my Dads BMW after a minor prang and the work was first class. They're also approved repairers for the local Hyundai & Mazda dealerships.

Going to see what he says tomorrow anyway. It'll get sorted one way or another. ;)

Car looks great in the pics above btw. :D

• Like 1

Ok so just been out fitting my carbon cooling panel and engine cover! Very pleased with them both! :)

The stupid little clips running along the top of the bumper gave me some grief removing them for the carbon panel, had a few casualties but lucky I had spares! Getting them back in wasnt much better with a few alignment issues, but rest assured they are in :) pleased with myself I went to close the bonnet to realize 2 things. Firstly my panel covers the bonnet stay clip.... (so que imminent purchase of gas struts) so for the time being the stay had to stay in the garage...

Secondly I did not remove said clip, and simply put my panel over it, not overly obvious but closer inspection shows the panel will sit lower at the back... so gonna have to deal with them dread clips again! aha

anyways some pics (excuse the fading light)

DSC_0281_zps63bf4e84.jpg

DSC_0282_zps6e504a23.jpg