Put a deposit on a car today! But it's not what you think!

stuarty

Who cares if the deal is good, if it's not the car you actually want then you're still throwing money away.

Trading a car in and getting cash back from a dealer always leaves you with a worse trade than if you bought outright or traded a cheaper car in, no dealer wants to give up their cask reserves. You're trying to justify this to yourself, no-one on here thinks this is a good idea but you're going to do it anyway, so as long as you're happy then who cares what we think? :)

Who cares if the deal is good, if it's not the car you actually want then you're still throwing money away.

Trading a car in and getting cash back from a dealer always leaves you with a worse trade than if you bought outright or traded a cheaper car in, no dealer wants to give up their cask reserves. You're trying to justify this to yourself, no-one on here thinks this is a good idea but you're going to do it anyway, so as long as you're happy then who cares what we think? :)

I agree that its not perfect but it makes sense to me. I appreciate your advice, but don't speak for others, because tats not the feedback ive been getting.

At the end of the day, its only money and a car!! Things could be worse, im only trying to save myself a few bob.

im only trying to save myself a few bob.

By buying a car you don't really want? Oooookaaaay...

If you want a BMW, then that's fine, nowt wrong with them. If you want to try and free some cash up by downgrading, again that's fine and I see the point. That doesn't look like what you're trying to do though: More just buying a new car for the sake of it. Again, I've done that myself so I see the point there, but you're trying to say that you can do everything and somehow magically come away with a wonderful car that sends Sarnie to sleep and a billionty quid in the bank. I just can't see it myself. As always, and as others have said rather than the 'Go for it!' I think you've read it as, if you're happy then that's all that matters.

I think what he means is rather than lose even more money on the beamer on his drive, trading it in for this one is damage limitation, cutting his losses. This may not be the best car he's bought but he's getting more cash from the trade in of the white BMW than he will get elsewhere by trade in or selling

With the silver BM you might not get all the toys or the looks of a white M sport but for a daily driver it's a nice drive, comfy place to be and a bit more poke. I'd rather have that as a shed than some of the trash Iv seen on here

If you can't get more money for the beamer any other way then go for it

• Like 1

It sort of makes sense.......clearly you want to get rid of your current car, and to only take a £1K hit on px is fab....But for a tiny bit more money you can get a similar spec/aged 335i from a main dealer.

http://www.pistonhea...2dr-auto/997422

My 335i is costing me less to run than my Z (excluding mods :surrender: ), thats despite it been faster and more practical. I think most dealers find 335s hard to shift, so I'm sure your get a good trade in against your car. The only thing I miss about the Z is its better looks, but clearly you like the way bimmers look. Your main compliant about the 320i is lack of power, so why not just get a BMW with a proper petrolheads engine in it??....Trust me a lack of power is one-thing you will not be complaining of in a 335i :p

• Like 1

I had a test drive today and the car pulled like a train. Full service history all there from previous owner. There's receipts in folders for everything including bulbs getting fitted at bmw. Honestly who would go th a bmw fealer and pay £18 labour to have a bulb replaced.

Only thing is, when i checked the service status on the cars computer, it said rear breaks 25000 miles, front breaks, 15,000 miles etc, but it said oil change 25000 miles or march 2015????? I know its just all been serviced and its 2 year oil changes, but 25000 miles!!!! Cant be right, can it?

I think what he means is rather than lose even more money on the beamer on his drive, trading it in for this one is damage limitation, cutting his losses. This may not be the best car he's bought but he's getting more cash from the trade in of the white BMW than he will get elsewhere by trade in or selling

With the silver BM you might not get all the toys or the looks of a white M sport but for a daily driver it's a nice drive, comfy place to be and a bit more poke. I'd rather have that as a shed than some of the trash Iv seen on here

If you can't get more money for the beamer any other way then go for it

Bought the 325i subject to a couple of minor repairs, front bumper painter and ding on side removed. The sales man has been great. I finally got £22800 for my car and i am paying £10500 for the 325i with a years BMW warranty, tax etc.

the reason why no one else would give me mre than £20k trade in is that a customer would need to pay around £500 per month to finance it and bmw offer great pcp's on new cars that other dealers cant match on used. As my car is so new with so little milage bmw will sell it as a demo/ pre reg/ nearly new and would be able to offer it on a pcp.

Ok you have a final payment but who keeps there cars that long anyway and most folk have negative equity up to around 3 years also.

I spoke to another dealership (non bmw) who had a vert similar 325i as the one i'm buying for £500 less than the approved bmw i'm buying and they only offered me £20000 trade in. So technically my car is £2300 cheaper.