Photoshopped the Rays on the Zed.... yes or no?

Louisa911

51 members have voted

1. 1. Bronze wheels, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

My Rays might get treated to a refurb come summertime and a mid-to dark bronze colour has been at the back of my mind for a while. Thought that photoshopping them might be enough to put me off the idea which is probably very silly (kinda feel i should just keep them original.... and that if I wanted bronze I should buy new alloys... but which i can't afford at all....) however I'm still totally undecided!

What do you reckon? Sadly totally new rims are out of the question this year until I've paid off my mountain bike's 0% finance.

The reason I'm swaying over the idea is that I think it makes the wheels look a lot smaller with them being a darker colour?

bronze2.jpg

bronze.jpg

Yeah I can see this being a tricky one to get right... in some lights the gunmetal looks more bluish and others more purply/warmer tint to it.... and I guess you could have a bronze colour richer / cooler. Currently thinking probably just stick to silver and consider new alloys at a later date.

Makes the zed look a bit dull if I'm honest Louisa, doesn't make them wheels pop like the original silver in your signature pic. Possibly deeper like Ekona suggested. GM is a difficult colour to play with when trying to be different from the norm when it comes to wheels. Will be interesting to see what you come up with :thumbs:

I'm having the exact same dilemma, the Rays on my GM need a refurb and I can't resist the temptation to change the colour, but what to?

WARNING: If you post up a good photoshop, I may shamelessly copy you!

• Like 1

Hmm that could be interesting Stu, would need to see some examples first i think. And the polished lip idea. Could alternatively go crazy as suggested with purple! Think they would look a bit weird though without any other bold noticeable mods.

Will have a bit of a session on photoshop over the weekend and see what crops up on google images too. :thumbs:

I am not loving that, I feel that because your zed is gm you should be trying to lift the colour of the wheels slightly, rather than making them darker. Would you not consider a nice bright colour? :)

• Like 1

I am not loving that, I feel that because your zed is gm you should be trying to lift the colour of the wheels slightly, rather than making them darker. Would you not consider a nice bright colour? :)

like orange perhaps? ;)