Drive Out 4

Beavis

Its very early and i am at work and a little bored, So i am thinking about the next drive out....are you? I never went on the first as i was not a member and zedless, but i have been on the last two. I think that everyone that went last Sunday had a great time. Ok there were a few problems with people taking the wrong roads or getting lost, but overall the pics show that we had a great day. Who would be up for the next one? Time of year? Where?.....Same route or something different? So post your ideas up and lets start planning the next. Mods if you feel i have jumped the gun on this then please lock it off. And guys and girls try to keep this on topic :blush:

The strength of Sundays turn out was proof that our community is going from strength to strength........

So if we want the largest ever meet of zeds in the uk put beyond doubt get your name down and some ideas posted up please.And Jacko i am more than willing to assist in anything required for the next drive out. :thumbs:

1. beavis

I really want to make the effort for the next one. I think I'll go and make a weekend of it - I'll have to persuade the missus though!

I'm sure you'll all make it worth the 6 hour + drive there, oh and the 6 hour + drive back!

1. beavis

2. Stew

1. beavis

2. Stew

3. Ian

4. Morg

More than happy with the NW run as it was my first, but if peeps are looking for change Peak District or Cotswolds viable alternative?

Anytime of the year suits as long as you can guarantee the fab weather again :sun:

1. beavis

2. Stew

3. Ian

4. Morg

5. Zzzz...

Cotswolds , works for me and some very nice roads,

Lake District would be impressive drive scenery,

Scotland awesome ( depends i guess but in some areas maybe some guys might neet to "jack up" their rides...pathfinder style?) :p

I think somewhere more geographically central will help everyone to attend the meet ( say if every one from London to Aberdeen could make it there by motorway in say 3hours ...) I am not sure if this will be possible...

1. beavis

2. Stew

3. Ian

4. Morg

5. TheMinel

6. Zzzz...

Some things we might want to discuss are:

1- staggered departure times from original meeting point?

2- smaller groups where each leader knows the route?

3- in each smaller group, look out for the car behind you and slow down/stop to wait for them?

4- scrap the drive in convoy altogether, give everyone set times and meeting points then people decide their route?

5- add in a "treasure hunt" type twist?

any other siggestion to make it even better?

1. beavis

2. Stew

3. Ian

4. Morg

5. TheMinel

6. Zzzz...

7.lomoto

probably best to have a meet point , and a couple of stop off points before meal or whatever, and scrap the mass convoy thing , getting a bit impractical with the numbers now :teeth: probably safer to not having to worry about losing people from the formation

Yes i agree that it would be better to have smaller groups. Say for example we had 40 cars, we could have 4 4x10 convoys starting from different places but say arriving at a meeting point like Bala at a set time. You could have a group leaving from Manchester, a group leaving from say the midlands......so on and so on......Then if we move on to somewhere else stagger the same convoys to the next meeting point. ;)

I think the idea of smaller groups is good, however I do like the idea of having one big convoy at at least one point during the day - though the location of said convoy would need to be carefully selected in order to avoid junctions etc where we could esily be split up.

Having them all lined up in one spot was also a fantastic photo oppoertunity.

Any treasure hunt etc needs to be carefully planned too, if there were any prizes etc it should be for accuracy of points visited, or number of clues located rather than the speed at which it is completed to avoid any pottential racing.

All great ideas though :thumbs:

1. beavis

2. Stew

3. Ian

4. Morg

5. TheMinel

6. Zzzz...

7.lomoto

8. Digsy

I was thinking maybe the Peak District or Trough of Bowland. I think the Lake District whilst beautiful is likely to be too busy to keep even groups of ten together unless we go off-season ( :cold: ).

The smaller groups idea is good but Chris is right that at some point everyone has to get together for maximum impact. B)

I'm not sure about adding a competition element. We don't want to encourage irresponsible driving - the last thing we want on these meets is accidents.

This looks like it could be this site's "National" if we get it right. :yahoo:

Yes i agree that at some point we will have to have all the zeds together, if only for the jaw dropping factor but like Chris said it will be on a route that will make it fairly easy to stay together. I would like to see a different route for the next drive out than the one we have used up to yet. :thumbs:

I'm well up for another one!!! Today seems boring in comparison to last week. Getting my wheels alligned in the morning with Val and Liam. Polishing the big fella (car) in the afternoon whilst looking forward to a good spin and meeting everyone the next day.

To be honest I would be happy to do the same route again but it was my first time.

We are never ging to please eveyone all the time with the location due to the distance between our Scottish chaps and London based bods.

I think us Northerners should make the effort to go down to Chop tops proposed meet in Suth Wales in August and keep the first meet of the year as it was last week.

Just my 2 p's worth.

Dave

I'd be up for a south wales meet. i don't mind staying over anywhere if needed.

Obviously the sooner the better! :teeth:

Davetstan thanks for your supportive comments.

sinbad, don't forget the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley Meet/Drive on the 18th August 2007.

It is just an idea, but what about making this the next major run (Run 4)? There are bags of great roads in the area and is easily accessable to everyone around the country with good motorway links. There are loads of inexpensive B&B's as well. I can organise things. What does everyone think? :thumbs:

Well guys,

As u already know it was my first time on the NW run and it was GREAT.

I for one would love to do that again - by the way my passenger was fine!!!!

Have put my name down for August and can't we squeeze a few more in when the weather is reasonable guys PLEASE.

I realise it take a lot of planning and sorting but perhaps a working committee per event can take the pressure off the same people each time.

What u think????

Jane xxxx :D

I realise it take a lot of planning and sorting but perhaps a working committee per event can take the pressure off the same people each time.

What u think????

Good idea Jane.

Chesterfield, Lomoto, Sarnie, Jacko, etc. What do you think? Happy to meet up and discuss. :teeth:

What u think????

Good idea Jane.

Chesterfield, Lomoto, Sarnie, Jacko, etc. What do you think? Happy to meet up and discuss. :teeth:

Sounds good :thumbs: I for one would like to take advantage of the clement weather. I suppose there is the Silverstone thing in June, JAE in July and then the Wye Valley thing in August so I suppose fitting it in is gonna be tight :blush:

Hi Guys,

Well I am up for another run :yahoo: and the only thing that I have planned and booked at the moment is early May a trip to Spain for a week and possibly the end of May off to Devon but not confirmed yet.

After that fairly easy on the social diary - depending on hols not sorted yet.

As Rich said quite happy to meet somewhere and discuss over a drink etc if it helps and do my bit too.

Maybe we should have a monthly social meet somewhere and kick things about????

After all I dont think its fair on the same guys all the time to do all the work and we just sit back and enjoy.

So lets see what the others think??????

Jane xxxxxx :D

Bring it on! Anywhere, anyplace, anytime - (that means if I can make it I will be there!) :drive1

The idea of groups of (say) ten coverging on a central meet point and then one convoy where no one can get lost sounds a great idea :thumbs: .