How many miles is too many?

saiper

Just bough a zed with 13700 miles and it drives better than my 68000 mile zed, it's all about how many owners and service history and how it's been driven, these cars are getting old now so best to buy with your eyes and ears rather than what the miles are, within reason of course,

Did you mean 137,000?

Regardless, yes it is about how it has been looked after, but everything has a finite life.

Just bough a zed with 13700 miles and it drives better than my 68000 mile zed, it's all about how many owners and service history and how it's been driven, these cars are getting old now so best to buy with your eyes and ears rather than what the miles are, within reason of course,

Did you mean 137,000?

Regardless, yes it is about how it has been looked after, but everything has a finite life.

yeah ment 137000 miles
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

80k, and I drop them like a hot potato. Not because of any issues with the car. It's issues with buyers; they're morons, but you have to play to the market.

40 years ago a Ford Cortina with 100k on the clock was something to behold!

That mentality has stuck, despite massive advances in engine technology and tooling. Hell, a modern clutch would outlast two Ford Cortinas.

• 8 months later...

Hi my 07 HR has 108k on the clock and runs like a dream be aware though that I replaced OEM DMF, clutch and slave cylinder , brake pads  P3 service etc. . Once you are aware and prepared for these costs or preferable been done before purchase then you have a vehicle that can run 200k.

+1 on buying on condition as well , my S-type 2.7 diesel done 110k and runs exceptionally well (been faultlessly maintained ) .

hope this helps :D

Mines all sorted no expense spared! Roughly 3k on parts this year! Most were upgrades tho!  Extremely happy with it. 

Runs like a dream, im sure it will go on for many many more miles! Lets try get to the moon 238,900 miles 

I also have a jaguar s type R 4.2 v8 supercharged beast just over 60.000 miles 4 years of ownership only had to replace the plastic pullys for metal ones and brake bads and electronic handbrake got stuck on.

Looking to buy jaguar xfr after xmas! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Y23DRH said:

Mines all sorted no expense spared! Roughly 3k on parts this year! Most were upgrades tho!  Extremely happy with it. 

Runs like a dream, im sure it will go on for many many more miles! Lets try get to the moon 238,900 miles 

I also have a jaguar s type R 4.2 v8 supercharged beast just over 60.000 miles 4 years of ownership only had to replace the plastic pullys for metal ones and brake bads and electronic handbrake got stuck on.

Looking to buy jaguar xfr after xmas! 

How many times a year do you service your z ? 

Edited by PPod

I do love the way the number 100,000 strikes fear into mainstream UK car owners. Its not like cars are programmed to self destruct at that mileage, or that a car on 100,000 miles would be so much worse than one on 90,000 miles. A funny fickle bunch on our little island :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PPod said:

How many times a year do you service your z ? 

I service the zed twice a year its driven quite often, Daily driver by choice, i do have another car but i choose to use the 350z! 

i bought it when it was 2 years old to drive and enjoy and boy has it been a car to enjoy, 

I dont care about resale value as i will quite simply just repalce anything that breaks! 

I  was looking to upgrade to a 370z but i just like the looks of the 350z,

i will more then likely buy a coupe at some point, 

roadsters are fun but in winter a coupe would be handy, 

As for age and milliage dosn't matter aslong as the cars been looked after, 

No expense has been spared on this car and i will continue to enjoy the car for many many more years! 

Edited by Y23DRH
  • Like 2