Anodised Radiator Cooling Panels

ironhide

Is it late to have one done? Just seen this :(

Hi Octet - i'm afraid all the panels have been taken, if someone pulls out then maybe but there is someone else that has Pm'd me also regarding any spares. I still have the prototype which i've now painted at home and I may let go at some point. Failing that these may eventually be available on eBay if there's enough demand, i'll speak with the fabricator. Thanks,

Edited by ironhide

I've now also heard from the fabricator re: postage. Due to the length there is now an increase unfortunately to £10 (instead of £5.50) but this will be Parcelforce tracked as opposed to royalmail. This also includes packaging as the panels are quite thin without re-inforcement from folds etc they can easily get bent so need to be reinforced in the packaging.

I hope that's ok with everyone? Its £55 total.

I'll PM everyone shortly with PayPal details etc.

Thanks chaps.

Y

I've now also heard from the fabricator re: postage. Due to the length there is now an increase unfortunately to £10 (instead of £5.50) but this will be Parcelforce tracked as opposed to royalmail. This also includes packaging as the panels are quite thin without re-inforcement from folds etc they can easily get bent so need to be reinforced in the packaging.

I hope that's ok with everyone? Its £55 total.

I'll PM everyone shortly with PayPal details etc.

Thanks chaps.

Fine with me. :)

Hey Chris, any chance I could pop over one eve and take some measurements of yours? I missed out on the group buy but might try and make one up myself. Or we can maybe do it at a local DJCC meet :)

Or at the DJCC cinema trip? (Lisa is hounding me to ask you for payment on this too if you could be so kind).

Hey Chris, any chance I could pop over one eve and take some measurements of yours? I missed out on the group buy but might try and make one up myself. Or we can maybe do it at a local DJCC meet :)

Or at the DJCC cinema trip? (Lisa is hounding me to ask you for payment on this too if you could be so kind).

Hey Mat, good to hear from you... I had no idea you now have a Zed...epic! I might be at the New Forest meet next weekend and we can have a look, or as you say at the Cinema trip or indeed Japfest as I assume you're going?

Hey all,

Everyone should now have been sent PayPal/bank transfer details, don't forget to please send marked as a gift and include the postal address :)

Yesterday I received two production panels from the fabricator and I have to say they are looking sweet.

null_zps8dab1d42.jpg

null_zpsf775015d.jpg

The remainder of the panels have been cut and are on their way to the anodisers to get finished, they do have a bit of a backlog so it's going to be a couple of weeks, hopefully sooner but i'll keep you posted. If you're going to Japfest it might be more convenient to collect from me there and I can refund £10....that's an option for some if it comes to it.

Also i've done a little instal guide below as there is a little bit of tweaking required to the bonnet latch to get a good fitment and it wasn't immediately clear first time I tried, so this might help.

1) Pop the hood and remove the plastic clips that secure the bumper to the rad mount, also locate the bonnet latch, more specifically the three bolts that hold it in place (see photo below).

null_zpse7996433.jpg

2) Loosen but don't remove the bolts using a 14mm socket, they shouldn't be too tight. Only loosen a couple of turns so the latch is fixed but with pressure can move slightly.

3) You should now be able to move the latch up approximately 1mm. It doesn't need much force and you don't want to go too high, you can use the marks left on the bolts for reference as to how high you've gone.

4) Now tighten up the bolts once you think you've got it in position.

5) Place the panel where it should sit but don't secure with the plastic clips:

null_zpsf775015d.jpg

6) Lower and close the bonnet and ensure that the latch engages without causing play. The bonnet needs to be secure but without being too tight that you have to force it shut.

7) You may need to re-adjust the latch accordingly until you get it right, took me about 3 times before I was happy the bonnet was secure.

8) This is optional but I added some tape to the under side of the bonnet either side of the latch hook (Whatever its called) this helps stop it rubbing on the panel as I noticed on the prototype it left a small mark, but the bonnet was a tight fit.

null_zps5a70165d.jpg

10) You're done. Replace the plastic clips to secure the panel and admire your handy work/cover the panel in stickers or whatever you like to do in your spare time.

Thanks all! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Updated list with who's paid and who's left, those still awaiting from payment you have PM's :)

1) Ironhide - Purple - Completed

2) Aus10 - Gold - Payment at Japest

3) Marzman - Blue - PAID and Collecting at Japfest

4) Paddy78 - Blue - PAID

5) Evilscorp - Black - PAID

6) Plummerman - Blue - PAID

7) Stanzed - Black - PAID

8) smudgeon - Purple

9) kiingsi - Gold - PAID

10) CrumbMC - Red - PAID

11) KyleR - Orange - PAID

12) Ceejay29 - Red - Payment and Collecting at Japfest

13) SuperStu - Red - PAID

14) Pnthrblkzs - Gun metal grey - PAID

15) MWTech - Purple - PAID

Edited by ironhide

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mate,

Sorry for the delay, I have been awaiting for one more payment - do I name and shame? :)

However blue, red and purple panels are done and from what i've heard have been posted this week, the others are getting done and should be posted shortly.

Picked mine up from Chris at Japfest. I've not fitted it yet but it's definitely a quality bit of kit and im very happy with it. Much appreciated Chris!

The pics dont show the colour at all, but it's a really nice shade of blue.

60CA2DA8-0778-4790-B282-75B707F050F9-2507-0000036928453B52_zpscdfb0f37.jpg

838C04F1-CF86-476E-9347-0F2E77A8E9FB-2507-00000369235A630F_zps2a480f55.jpg

E0CB9516-6D54-4170-AD22-99F36D78605C-2507-000003691E00B47C_zpsf25defcf.jpg

4D050E43-36DE-419D-ADAD-42A6A088A8F2-2507-0000036915A71D47_zps7734cc59.jpg

• Like 1

Yes I am really happy too, quality bit of kit at such a reasonable price :teeth:, thanks again Chris.

I haven't actually installed it yet, but would like to replace the standard plastic clips with something far less dull. Does anybody know if there is something out there, similar to the bolt kits that I could purchase? Also, where do people buy their bolt kits from? I am considering tackling the engine bay for next years Japfest, it required lots of work :scare:

Yes I am really happy too, quality bit of kit at such a reasonable price :teeth:, thanks again Chris.

I haven't actually installed it yet, but would like to replace the standard plastic clips with something far less dull. Does anybody know if there is something out there, similar to the bolt kits that I could purchase? Also, where do people buy their bolt kits from? I am considering tackling the engine bay for next years Japfest, it required lots of work :scare:

Cool, no worries.

The best place for the bolt kit is the same guy that made your panel :) via eBay.

You'll need from the following:

Headlights

(2) M6x1.00x20mm flat head allen bolts

(2) M6 countersunk washers

Strut Bar

(6) M10x1.25x25mm flanged hex bolts (use 30mm if you have a DE with a plenum spacer)

(2) M10x1.25 flanged nuts (normal hex nuts work too but require washers)

(8) M10 flat washers (these are only needed if you don't use flanged bolts/nuts above)

Shock Towers

(6) M8 flanged nuts (normal hex nuts work too but require washers)

(6) M8 flat washers (these are only needed if you don't use flanged nuts above)

Power Steering Bolts

(3) M6x1.00x25mm flat head allen bolts

(3) M6 countersunk washers

Radiator Support

(4) M8x1.25x16mm flat head allen bolts

(4) M8 countersunk washers

Hood

(4) M8 flanged nuts (normal hex nuts work too but require washers)

(4) M8 flat washers (these are only needed if you don't use flanged nuts above)

Throttle Body (for DE motors, just get 4 of each)

(8) m6x1.00x60mm metric allen bolts

(8) m6 flat washers (the smaller the outside diameter the better)

Fender

(6) M6x1.00x20mm flat head allen bolts

(6) M6 countersunk washers

(4) M8x1.25x16mm flat head allen bolts

(4) M8 countersunk washers

So 20 m6 will definitely cover you and 4 m8 will do the rad, all of which Robin (the panel guy) can supply on eBay :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/skyline-GTR-s13-s14-s15-350z-300zx-Pulsar-Nismo-Engine-bay-dress-up-bolts-/290872364451?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43b9580da3

Loads of different colours and same anodisers as the one that did your panel so the colour will be spot on or maybe an opposite colour like blue? :)

• Like 1

Hey everyone...panels are done and being shipped as we speak :)

null_zpsf88e3808.jpg

There's a few there for Scooby's and Altezzas in there as well. I've been told the orange is lush :)

The orange better be lush, it's mine :lol:

Anybody else have the V2 bumper and fitting issues with this panel?

Where the panel sits on the front the V2 is "lipped" upwards so the anodised panel raises toward the engine bay.No chance of closing the bonnet!

I have tried slipping it under the lip of the bumper which makes it sit flat but obviously it doesnt look quite as good.

I also need to try to move the latch as described above.

If I get no joy,the panel will be up for grabs.