Oulton Park Shakedown and New wish list

post-18175-0-41214800-1362278638_thumb.jpg

Completely standard 350Z everything as per road spec- completed first Oulton Park trackday today (March 2nd)

Surprisingly competent especially as most others had fully race prepped toys but the brakes let it down- almost on fire after 4 hard laps as i've never seen as much smoke coming out from the wheels before- so wish list now runs---

Essential- Mintex pads, EBC Turbo groove discs

Desirable- Toyo R888s, Suspension- ??? open to suggestions

Desirable but not critical- lighter flywheel and competition clutch

Overall though brilliant fun- heavy though and needs a 2.5 gear as 2nd and 3rd were both wrong for Foulstones and Island Bend (2nd too low and 3rd too tall)

You should definitely fit braided brake lines and uprated fluid too if you're taking it on track again. You will see an improvement if you do that :thumbs:

Yep, Id do that before going mental on pads and disks TBH. Suspension is too soft OE for track IMO, if you dont want to go the whole hog then try uprated ARB's first,better tyres are a good shout too Did you see my mate Bren with his 600hp Silver V8 Skyline?? If so Id imagine it was only briefly ....... :D

Great circuit Oulton..its hard on brakes though. Agree with above use Dot 6 Racing Fluid. and upgrade

the brake lines to braded and Mintex pads are OK. Did you get through a set of tyres, if so get a set of wheels

and some slicks, they you will fly. :thumbs: .

• Like 1

Reminds me of first outing in 309Gti before mods. Brakes virtually on fire and that was a very light car. Agree with what the others have said about lines and fluid as well as pads and disks - maybe there are other ways of re-directing more cold air as well?

Regarding the brakes

DBA T3 discs

Ferodo DS2500 pads

HEL braided lines

Motul RBF 600 fluid.

I have found this set up more than capable for my 442hp zed for a couple of track days and road use.

Pm zmanalex for prices.

You should definitely fit braided brake lines and uprated fluid too if you're taking it on track again. You will see an improvement if you do that :thumbs:

Yep, Id do that before going mental on pads and disks TBH. Suspension is too soft OE for track IMO, if you dont want to go the whole hog then try uprated ARB's first,better tyres are a good shout too Did you see my mate Bren with his 600hp Silver V8 Skyline?? If so Id imagine it was only briefly ....... :D

I nearly side swiped him coming out of cascades- was trying to pass a Focus RS on the run down to Island Bend and didn't expect him to come up so fast- Last minute spot and corrected mid move. Bren might have got skid marks from seeing a 350 move out towards him then back again :wacko: :wacko:

Racing fluid in with a 300 deg plus boiling point- this was fine the warped OEM discs after the hard laps weren't. Fade wasn't a major problem but judder and smoke were- I'm looking at HEL and having had Goodridges on my Kawasakis these are in the mix too!

• 1 month later...