new owner of a cat d repairable 350z advice sought

Loved reading this so far, looking forward to seeing how you get on with it! Lucky you with that car too :clap:

Thanks Louisa

I enjoyed reading yours too, how's the new car going? Have you let rip?

I have booked in for next week to hopefully have the damage sorted.

One good thing I found a stamped up service history and its a one owner, have to now wait and see the cost, had ballpark figures of £800 but I'm thinking a bit more to get it right... :teeth::)

Tidied the bumper today and drove it to a local body shop, Garage owner had a good look and said it's £800 to repair plus £200 to remove other scratches and marks.Not as bad as it could have been. car drives very well and My word they are quick, very different to my 300 twin which was a smooth power delivery, this feels like raw power.

Looks like it's all been motorway miles and as 6 CDs are nearly all classical must be a middle aged fella who had it so I'm guessing it's not been thrashed...until today ;)

• Like 1

Just got to follow up on the 'sweaty' guy who gave you the Altezza, as mentioned before it might be nicked or he ripped off his drug dealer :crutches: and needed to go abroad either for safety, to go to rehab or both, and he's already starting withdrawal. I think i've got an overactive imagination and need some more kip.

No, I am also wondering about things,

the car check has come back and it is not stolen, I have tracked down his address but there's nobody there, as I previously said I knew the guy from work he was a customer and we got talking about cars 4 months ago and he showed me the altezza giving me the run down on it and me telling him I'm getting involved in cars etc, perhaps he wanted me to have it for those reasons who knows but as I have a gifted reciept I think all should be fine, there is two more lines of enquiry which take place tomorrow and should clear up ownership doubts.

The withdrawal idea could be plausible, and perhaps he was running off? I did tell him to email me and if the car was sold I would actually send some of the proceeds to him, but as the z is costing me maybe not :)

Car checks out as kosher with previous owner selling it to this runner!!, so all good there, then I sell the car on Monday to three Irish young guns for £900, one of them is a drifter so I let him take me for a ride,,,,well now I know why they use it for drifting,,,mental...

Then as I get home that night I get a call from someone offering £1500,, gutted, so on Tuesday I call the Irish guy who then sells it back to me for £1000,,,yep got the car back and it's now gone for £1500 collection Friday , then I get an email from Amsterdam and the guy wants to fly over ASAP to collect for £1500,,,, I told him it's gone but for £2500 it could be his,,,guess what he has not called back,,lol

At least this money will cover everything on the z ,repairs, tax fuel and a little left for whatever.

• Like 1

Wow, you really couldn't make that up! I know you're trying to save the pennies for your Zed project, but I'd buy a lottery ticket or 2 with the profit from the Toyota if I were you.

Talking of your project, I think I've found some footage of your car and how it received the damage to the rear....

Edited by 14N

Very good idea, I'm defo gonna be buying me some tickets now!! It could be me:thumbs:

As for the footage hilarious, looked like thebumper was turned into a rear wing,,,what a hideous gear knob,

• 1 month later...

Finally got my zed back from the repair garage last night, they done a great job on the car at a great price.

It was soo nice to take it out for a ride today and "enter the zed world".

Had a good look underneath thr car and noticed some problems with the exhaust, perhaps someone could tell me if I need a new one, theres 2 holes on both sides of the car in the same place just behind front wheels, can't feel any gases coming out from them when car idles?

My guess is I may need a whole new system sooner or later? Any ideas would be helpful.

EB8FAED6-8F54-42A3-85A9-7CA8C4331F9E-9981-00000576C480E0A7.jpg

523EBB4C-CDF5-4E78-B213-5F238D48A334-9981-00000576D5CFE8EE.jpg

6F1B0106-24C8-439E-857C-C44787741CA9-9981-000005770E22586A.jpg

A70DC2D4-7CBA-48B0-947F-29B3EAFD8039-9981-00000577082A449E.jpg