Major JAAAAG project ...Update Feb 2018

leonk

As some may know, I bought an E type roadster last year to use and enjoy with a view to minor restoration. Well, realizing that as I started to do small jobs, I was never going to be happy just trying to keep on top of it I took the bold ( costly and probably foolhardy) decision to strip down every last nut and bolt and start again, including getting the shell back to bare metal. I know it's not a Zed but maybe some of the older members might be interested. So progress so far.

No turning back now........ :wacko:NewImageEtyperust_zpsb9a31b08.jpg

NewImageetype1_zps6ba14530.jpg

NewImageetype3_zps573992a3.jpg

NewImageetype2_zps16594a2f.jpg

Edited by leonk
Title

Are you going to up rate any parts when you put back together? Brakes etc?

The brakes are certainly one of the areas I'm looking to upgrade and this does seem to be an " acceptable " upgrade without devaluing the car.

Modern alternator, high torque starter, and electronic distributor will probably be other bolt on reversible upgrades . Basically stuff to make it more reliable, safer and user friendly but without detracting from the character of the car.

Are you going to up rate any parts when you put back together? Brakes etc?

The brakes are certainly one of the areas I'm looking to upgrade and this does seem to be an " acceptable " upgrade without devaluing the car.

Modern alternator, high torque starter, and electronic distributor will probably be other bolt on reversible upgrades . Basically stuff to make it more reliable, safer and user friendly but without detracting from the character of the car.

Sounds like a sensible way to go about it :clap:

Just don't let Keyser near your car or it'll be Green!!

Oi Oi :p

I shall be watching with intrest :snack:

Thanks for all the encouragement guys!

Funnily enough, if you look very carefully you will see that it actually started it's life in "Keyser Green" :lol:

This is also confirmed by the Jaguar Heritage Certificate I now have. What's more impressive is that I now know for sure from this that the engine, cylinder head, gearbox, and body number are all original, making it a "matching numbers" car and in theory worth more.

As regards timescale, I'm reluctant to set any deadlines :blush:

Hiya mate. looks good so far. should of taken a look while I was up there. going to be real interesting watching this come together.

just out of interest what colour are you thinking of having it when your done? or that a little way down the road yet.

just out of interest what colour are you thinking of having it when your done? or that a little way down the road yet.

[subliminal message]

GREEN

[/subliminal message]

:ninja:

• Like 1

I didn't think I was old but it turns out over 30 is cracking on. Incredible project, not a bad garage space either! Looking forward to photos that come along. Good luck with it, probably the most beautiful car ever built, certainly in my top 3. I'd love to have the space, budget and skills to do something even close to this.

This great. A red roadster. Lovely!!! My uncle has a coupe and has done all the mods you said. It transformed the car but with subtle looks. It's accepted in the e-type world too

However he has just had to have the head done. Cost over 2k. Only done 350 miles last year too.

But it is absolutely gorgeous. Sounds amazing too.

Will be following this. :thumbs: