Itching to buy a Z.. Newb (to Zs) needs some advice :) I think I found one I like!

GTuned

Welcome future Zed owner!

Good mileage, 309 bhp (313 ps). Decent(ish) price and very pretty. I like the body kit but I'd have to get rid of all those nismo badges. They are a bit in your face (in my opinion!).

Go for it.

And definitely put it on the ferry and drive it back. :teeth:

Enjoy x

a bit overpriced, try for £10.250, but its from a dealer.. :thumbs:

Yes, I would negotiate that price down as it'll include some sort of (worthless) warranty. Do you really need a warranty that'll involve a trip to Belfast :shrug: .

Pete

:welcome:

Thanks!

And quite rare and sort after these days. :thumbs:

I had them on a Skyline once; one of the best wheels ever in my opinion.. if just not for all those extra holes around the bolts.. though I guess they're for weight saving :shrug:

:welcome:

Thank you!

Welcome future Zed owner!

Good mileage, 309 bhp (313 ps). Decent(ish) price and very pretty. I like the body kit but I'd have to get rid of all those nismo badges. They are a bit in your face (in my opinion!).

Go for it.

And definitely put it on the ferry and drive it back. :teeth:

Enjoy x

Thanks! Most excited :) Agree about sticker and badges.. I like "clean" looks. Nismo sticker on wheels are hard to take off, and in some cases had clear coat paint applied over them though..

Yes, I would negotiate that price down as it'll include some sort of (worthless) warranty. Do you really need a warranty that'll involve a trip to Belfast :shrug: .

Pete

Good point :) Already spoke to the dealership.. Really friendly actually; was quite surprised. Many times you get people who couldn't care less that you're interested in a car on their lot.

Edited by GTuned

Looks factory to me, but the only way to tell will be to see the V5 registration document where it should say Nismo on it beside 350z, same as a guy I know who lives quite close to me who has a Chilli red Nismo.

Number plate is pretty good, but as someone else said, probably will need changed for the mainland. However, I live in Northern Ireland and i'd be happy to buy it from you?

EDIT: Just looked again, it's an old old style mainland plate, so apart from the font, it should be ok. It's illegal to have it in that font here too, but sometimes you get away with it. I'll still buy it from you mind ;)

I also know of the dealer, they are the biggest in Northern Ireland, biggest as in the have a whole industrial estate to themselves with Lexus, Toyota, Nissan, Kia, Jaguar, Renault, Bentley, Maserati, Ferrari and god knows what else I can't remember. I was actually up passed it yesterday and depending when you're planning to come over, I may be able to give it a look over/test drive for you if you'd like to arrange this with Hursts so you don't waste time coming over to this sh*thole to look at the wrong car?

As for getting it home, drive Belfast to Dublin, awesome dual carriageway with no speed camera's ;) Ferry to Liverpool and enjoy some A and B roads to London :thumbs:

Edited by KyleR

Looks factory to me, but the only way to tell will be to see the V5 registration document where it should say Nismo on it beside 350z, same as a guy I know who lives quite close to me who has a Chilli red Nismo.

Number plate is pretty good, but as someone else said, probably will need changed for the mainland. However, I live in Northern Ireland and i'd be happy to buy it from you?

EDIT: Just looked again, it's an old old style mainland plate, so apart from the font, it should be ok. It's illegal to have it in that font here too, but sometimes you get away with it. I'll still buy it from you mind ;)

I also know of the dealer, they are the biggest in Northern Ireland, biggest as in the have a whole industrial estate to themselves with Lexus, Toyota, Nissan, Kia, Jaguar, Renault, Bentley, Maserati, Ferrari and god knows what else I can't remember. I was actually up passed it yesterday and depending when you're planning to come over, I may be able to give it a look over/test drive for you if you'd like to arrange this with Hursts so you don't waste time coming over to this sh*thole to look at the wrong car?

As for getting it home, drive Belfast to Dublin, awesome dual carriageway with no speed camera's ;) Ferry to Liverpool and enjoy some A and B roads to London :thumbs:

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it. If you have the time to pass by, I'll PM you the details of the salesman I spoke to. It would be awesome! As for the plate, I'm sure we can work something out; I'm not unappreciative. As it is, I also already have a plate on standby at the DVLA. FYI, the 350Z on the plate is actually 3SOZ.. I must have tried every combination on the planet to figure it out when I was trying to check its history; oddly the DVLA does not pull up any records.. even though other sites like WhatCar and insurance sites do.. weird.

I am quite concerned about the condition of the car. I called in and the dealership said that the wheels were perfect and the kit was a dealer option, but there may be 2-3 dents on the body that they "tried to fix but couldn't".. no idea what that means.. The photos are really low-res I can't see much detail. I am also concerned if there's crazy rust on the car and the condition of the interior.

I am currently planning on heading over on Thursday and driving back to England. Funnily enough the route I chose was the same one you recommended; although mostly because I couldn't get to the Isle of Man for a quick drive :) Now I'm more excited and I'm going to make a small road trip out of it and hope to see some new places along the way back.

Please let me know if you can help, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Edited by GTuned

Thursday? You're not hanging around lol Unfortunately I wouldn't be anywhere near it before then, weekend at the earliest. That annoys me about the plate, it's one thing changing the plate and altering the spacing, but it's a whole other matter making it look like different characters.

Good luck with it though, hopefully it's a perfect car and you can get the price down a little bit :thumbs:

Thursday? You're not hanging around lol Unfortunately I wouldn't be anywhere near it before then, weekend at the earliest. That annoys me about the plate, it's one thing changing the plate and altering the spacing, but it's a whole other matter making it look like different characters.

Good luck with it though, hopefully it's a perfect car and you can get the price down a little bit :thumbs:

Don't worry about it mate; I know what work and a busy schedule can be like! That's why I'm in a bit of a hurry; got loads to take care of next week!

I agree totally about wrong characters, that's why I mentioned it. Had me baffled for more than an hour before I figured it out!

Thanks for the offer anyway, I appreciate the gesture. :thumbs:

Some more help please guys and gals! :teeth: Am almost there! :yahoo:

I found this on the V5 Document under Notes: "Vehicle has been involved in a cherished transfer"

What does that mean? It doesn't sound bad, but I thought it would be prudent to ask, a Google search shows something about personalised plates? :)

Also, is this VIN/Chassis number format a UK Chassis or an import.. JN1GAAZ33U0XXXXXX [i have replaced the actual last numbers with XXXXXX]

Other than an HPI check anything else recommended?

Thanks for all the help so far, you've been super helpful; this is an awesome community! :thumbs:

Edited by GTuned

Cherished transfer means he's put a personalised number plate on it, replacing the original index it was sold with. This isn't an issue as such, and if the plate is sold on you often get that original index back again, although not always. Not sure why it would be in the notes on a V5, I've had several 'private' plates and the new V5 has never come back with anything like that on it.

Vin number is usualy GBA rather than GAA, assumed it meant Great Britain etc for GB supplied cars rather than imports, so may need further investigation.

To be honest, for that price, there are plenty more about. If you can get past the Nismo kit and wheels, it's a standard Rev-up GT. May be worth having another look closer to home. Good luck.

Cherished transfer means he's put a personalised number plate on it, replacing the original index it was sold with. This isn't an issue as such, and if the plate is sold on you often get that original index back again, although not always. Not sure why it would be in the notes on a V5, I've had several 'private' plates and the new V5 has never come back with anything like that on it.

Vin number is usualy GBA rather than GAA, assumed it meant Great Britain etc for GB supplied cars rather than imports, so may need further investigation.

To be honest, for that price, there are plenty more about. If you can get past the Nismo kit and wheels, it's a standard Rev-up GT. May be worth having another look closer to home. Good luck.

That explains it! :thumbs:

You make a good point; I think the Nismo kit is what I liked the most; it is pleasing to my eye and won't be declared as an aftermarket mod. The insurance quotes I'm currently receiving are scary :scare: !

That being said, short of completely standard HR powered 350Zs with the same or more mileage (about 32K) the pricing seems to be the same. I didn't find anything significantly cheaper... Any suggestions where to look other than on this forum, Autotrader and Pistonheads?

Regarding VIN decoding, I just found this:

European Market

Model Variation

G LJ A L S Y Z33 E E A

G = Body Type - G = Coupe / 2 = Roadster

LJ = VQ35DE

A = 2-wheel drive

L = Steering - L = Left Hand Drive / R = Right Hand Drive

S = Grade - S = 350Z Base / R = 350Z GT Pack

Y = 6 speed Manual transmission

Z33 = Model

E = Multiport Fuel Injection System Engine

E = Destination E = UK / G = Central / South Europe

A = Standard

VIN

JN1 G A A Z33 U 0 XXXXXX

JN1 = Nissan, Passenger Vehicle

G = Body Type - G = Coupe / 2 = Roadster

A = Engine Type VQ35DE

A = Axle 2 wheel drive

Z33 = Model

U = Destination Europe

0 = Stopgap (No Meaning)

XXXXXX = Vehicle Serial Number - 200001~ Coupe / 300001~ Roadster

Source: Google.. This forum's system blocked me from linking to another forum...

I guess the "B" must be the the HR engine designation?

Edited by GTuned

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT: Just looked again, it's an old old style mainland plate.

I guess you mean The Irish mainland? No U.K mainland plates ever had the letter Z in them until they changed the registrations back in the early 2000's. "Z" used to be unique to the Republic and "I" to Northern Ireland.

EDIT, Just found out that some Northern Ireland Cars used "Z" as well. According to The DVLA you can use any Northern Irish plates in The U.K, but not Republic plates.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

I guess you mean The Irish mainland? No U.K mainland plates ever had the letter Z in them until they changed the registrations back in the early 2000's. "Z" used to be unique to the Republic and "I" to Northern Ireland.

EDIT, Just found out that some Northern Ireland Cars used "Z" as well. According to The DVLA you can use any Northern Irish plates in The U.K, but not Republic plates.

Pete

Thanks for the info, was wondering that myself.. don't recall seeing many 'Z' plates around or any when I was looking for a plate for the car.. Pity I bought a plate (generic, not Z related) before finding the car.. have to sell one of them now!

Hello and enjoy.

Thanks!

Pete

Thanks for the info, was wondering that myself.. don't recall seeing many 'Z' plates around or any when I was looking for a plate for the car.. Pity I bought a plate (generic, not Z related) before finding the car.. have to sell one of them now!

Hello and enjoy.

Thanks!

Don't take this as gospel but I think The DVLA relaxed its rules a while ago. maybe 15 years or so. I remember around then I starting seeing a lot of private plates ;like KAZ and DAZ all of a sudden. If memory serves me correctly the old style U.K, pre 1963 plates were limited to 6 digits ie ABC 123 but those KAZ, etc plates usually have 7 digits.

Pete

You're dead right there Jetset, the whole world and his dog who had a 'Z' in their name or anything that could be interpreted as a 'Z' went stupid on Northern Irish plates and they all had 3 letters and 4 numbers. They used to go for about £80 when they first started to be sold, but the 4 numbers put a lot of buyers off for some reason.

I hope you're enjoying your new toy GTuned :teeth::thumbs: