Me and My Zed Thread

14N

Rockin' up in a supercharged Zed probably isn't the best way of turning up un-noticed with the intention of stealing something Ben. It's never gonna be succesful.

1, 2, 3..... Hold on, I'm mising a wheel..... :scare:

Thanks mate.

I removed it and painted it. You can do it in any colour you want as it doesn't get hot enough to need the VHT paint. I just used grey primer, silver, then lacquer. I'm really pleased with how it came out. Look good as new :)

EDIT: Sand it first! (Thanks Ben). But as it's a textured finished, this isn't too difficult, just make sure it's clean before you start applying primer and paint etc.

Edited by 14N

Well, after spending all of last Bank Holiday weekend 'renovating' my engine bay, Friday night and all day Saturday away from home at Japfest, to keep the peace I promised my other 'alf that Sunday would be a Zed free day.

I figured that Sunday being Sunday, she wouldn't stir until about 9am. I therefore figured that setting my alarm for 7am would give me the best part of 2 hours of 'Zedtime' without any remorse what-so-ever. :thumbs: (Is this bad)?

So, after Bob (Buster) kindly demonstrated how much brute force was needed to remove my strut cover at Japfest, I decided my 2 hour window would be the ideal time to wrap and refit.

Strut_zpse17c76da.jpg

9am, job done, cup of tea taken to other 'alf in bed, I am a hero :teeth:

• Like 3

Love where this is going...the bay is looking lovely :)

Thanks Stu. I just wish I knew where this was going...... :lol:

Wrapping isn't too hard, just need patience and some practice on simple shapes to begin with.

Thanks a lot Pete :thumbs:

The next mod is already lined up and I've just won an auction on a little treat for the engine bay on eBay. :)

This Zeditis started as a mild ailment, now it's developed into a serious illness :lol:

• 3 weeks later...