Me and My Zed Thread

14N

I'm guessing some of you are actually members of my350 then? I've only looked when google returns things lol

Nah, I'm not. Just Googling '350Z spring mount mod' returns a number of results and discussions, but they all pretty much seem to be from the U.S.

Edited by 14N

Looking good mate! I saw some videos about the gunmetal plastidip and did think it looked a bit like primer...

They've just brought out a new colour called 'Charcoal Grey' which is apparently more like what people were hoping gunmetal would be.

Thanks mate. I've sent them an email today expressing my disappointment (your post reminded me), so we'll see what kinda response I get.

SPRING HAS FINALLY SPRUNG!! :yahoo:

Tein_zps7ccbc862.jpg

Got my Tein S Tech springs today. Also received a pair of upper spring mounts courtesy of Sir Zedmanalex, who did me a ridiculously good, unspeakable deal on a used pair after I simply sent him a link to a pair for sale on eBay asking if they were the right ones. Cheers Alex :thumbs:

Why the spring mounts you may ask :shrug:

Well, the yanks seem to rave about removing upto half an inch from the rubber mounts to lower and/or even out the rear of their Zeds. I've only found positive feedback from people that have done this (maybe all the guys that 'could' leave negative feedback are in a ditch or 6 feet under).

I currently have a HUGE arch gap of between 50 and 70mm, depending on how much fuel I'm carrying. The Tein springs drop the rear of the car by 15mm, which would still leave me (I think) with a considerable gap. So I plan to carry out, what the American's affectionately call the 'rear spring mount mod' and chop a bit of rubber off :scare:

I didn't want to do this to my existing set, incase I fudge it up, hence the reason I sourced a second pair. I'm not going to hack half an inch off as our friends across the pond all suggest, I'm just gonna trim 5mm (it's originally 30mm) off the top and therefore effectively give me 20mm drop instead of 15mm.

Watch this space....

Hope you don't fall down a ditch! :stir:

Yours does have a big arch gap but maybe its the 19's just making it look like that!

My new knob!

Knob2_zpsd4132592.jpg

Was listed as a used carbon look universal gear knob on eBay. Basically had never been fitted and was still in packaging (so new really). To me, it didn't look like carbon 'look' in the pics, but thought I'd have a cheeky bid regardless.

Well, it arrived today and it's a real carbon fibre sleeve over an aluminium knob.

Cost? £3.05 plus a little P&P. :yahoo:

Busy weekend this weekend.

Fitted my new Tein springs, my new gear knob and Sunday turned into Zed-day with a pair of side skirts and a little poetry....

There was a young man called Ben,

Who had a GM supercharged Zed,

He didn't like his skirts,

They messed with his head,

So we stuck 'em on my car instead :teeth:

SAM_1644_zpsa46f9520.jpg

Ben's very own 'Zed Shed'. May a Midlans franchise.....?

SAM_1646_zps93ed6cf9.jpg

Ben (OsakaBen) and Kev (KC350Z) tinkering

SAM_1651_zps04bb1c42.jpg

SAM_1647_zps8f0bc368.jpg

My new skirts! How happy am I? :teeth::yahoo:

Cheers Kev and Ben for a top day :thumbs:

• Like 2

How are you finding the teins so far?

Fine so far. They're still settling at the mo, but the ride itself (firmness etc) feels pretty much the same as OEM.

Was a great day mate and big thanks to ben and his family for being so welcoming even when we puled up and started to strip his car to the shell qoute ben f#*k it wheres the drill ha ha and big up the midlands zed shed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mark. :thumbs:

Plan A is to fit some Nissan splash guards, to finish it off.

Plan B doesn't exist as I have my hopes set on plan A.

Should be picking them up a Japfest.

My engine bay had never been cleaned (I don't think) and after 935000 miles was starting to look like it needed a little TLC. :(

I figured I'd break out the spray paint and degreaser and set to work over the bank holiday weekend. It's not fully finished yet, but looks a million times better than it did.

The plenum, brake fluid and battery covers have been painted a generic Halfords metallic silver. The brake fluid, battery cover surrounds, air intake tube strut brace feet and engine cover are a Ford Polaris Grey metallic which I think contrasts nicely with the silver and sits well with the gunmetal colour of the car.

A couple of pics.... :thumbs:

EngineBay_zpsaa621b91.jpg

SAM_1701_zps9fe14e8a.jpg

I'm really pleased with the results so far :)

• Like 1