Me and My Zed Thread

14N

• 2 weeks later...

19.02.2014 - 97403 miles

Well, to say "Thank you" for giving her a new set of seats, my Zed decided to show her gratitude by blowing a hole in her Y pipe. So after getting quotes on fitting a used one and/or sourcing a new one, the best option turned out to be having a custom one fabricated (£200 all in before you ask) :teeth:

And here it is:

35B906F8-D5EB-433D-B80F-992CDF8463C7-269-00000027CD69D1CC_zpsc0a93969.jpg

I'm really pleased with the quality of the work and also how my zorst now sounds (OEM cats, custom Y pipe and a K1).

2.75inch diameter pipe was used for the 90 degree bends and 3 inch (same as the K1) for the straight bit, which is wider than the OEM Y pipe. It has quietened the exhaust down a bit IMO, especially at idle, but the wider diameter pipe has given it a deeper and dare I say it, a more refined sound. Yes, I said 'K1' and 'refined' in the same paragraph! :scare:

Just hope she doesn't choose to thank me by buggering something else up!

Edited by 14N

• 2 weeks later...

01.03.2014 - 97482 miles. MOT DAY!!!!

So today is the day when you have to hand the keys to your Zed to a complete stranger and watch nervously from a distance as the aforementioned stranger get up close and personal with your car.

Well, she PASSED :yahoo: with no advisories :)

The MOTer did have a few comments though. No prizes for guessing what he was looking at (or what he'd just opened) when he said:

"Oh My God! No. I thought you could see 6 things from the moon, but I think I've just found a 7th".

And while I'm posting, I figured I'd also share my latest engine bay addition with you... :teeth:

4A6A41C3-50CE-4A08-9D63-2E2FE106F3B0_zps5njayzi5.jpg

Edited by 14N

Not sure about the new engine addition!

Does the bonnet even close properly with that ginger man standing on the cover? :dry::lol:;)

I've had to cut a 6 inch square hole in the bonnet to allow for him, but I think it was worth it :)

Not sure about the new engine addition!

Does the bonnet even close properly with that ginger man standing on the cover? :dry::lol:;)

I've had to cut a 6 inch square hole in the bonnet to allow for him, but I think it was worth it :)

Now that would be insane. ;):lol:

• 2 weeks later...

that's a great job! and luuuuurve the Carbon Wrap.

(I just bought a whole new centre console piece as was scratched to hell - How do you get it off?)

+ one other recommendation - I've done on all older cars - is fit the daylight running lamps - they make a good car look new!

great work!

• Like 1

+ one other recommendation - I've done on all older cars - is fit the daylight running lamps - they make a good car look new!

great work!

doh! - just saw you have already done the lights- in fact they look better than the ones I have in mind - any hook up on WHERE to get them?

thanks X

• 4 weeks later...

06.04.2014 - 97545 miles

As some of you may of seen, Mopemark has been working on a core strut brace and mine (the pop charger version) was ready today. So off I went to Mark's place for fitting.

We fitted it in no time at all and while I was admiring the new bit of orangeness, Mark disappeared and came back clutching a Nickel plated bonnet catch. Dammit.

So, needless to say, I left Mark's this afternoon with my new core strut, a very shiny bonnet catch, an empty wallet and a full stomach (cos I got fed while I was there - cheers Mrs Moped) :thumbs:

Very very happy with today's work. Here are the pics...

SAM_0150_zps70a10706.jpg

SAM_0151_zps63127e01.jpg

SAM_0152_zps26429d40.jpg

• Like 1