Flip key - nearly sorted

jamesyj

• 5 months later...

So I just got my key cut. The guy cutting it said the flip key was a different width to my original key but said he would try anyway.

I get to the car to see if the key turns and it does 1 in every say 25 trys....... not ideal :( sad face

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Done mine today. £6.99 for the flip key, £15 for the key to be cut, which I'm pretty sure is a rip off and £1.75 for the burger badge which is yet to arrive.

The mod itself is pretty easy, however I had to use a dremel to grind off about 1.5mm from the cross where the battery seats as the key wouldn't fit together. The hardest part was probably figuring out how to reassemble it correctly and put the right tension on the spring in the correct direction. I also expected to have to recode the remote again as the key had been taken apart for about 12 hours before I got the dremel out and fixed it, but alas, it worked first time :party:

One tip I would suggest is to use the correct sized screw driver. I used one a little too small (PH 000) and nearly destroyed the screw top, PH 0 is the perfect fit.

Got mine the other day. £12 deliverd. Timpsons cut the blade for free and worked first time :p Added decals and happy with the results!

IMG_1530_zps38b5ab2e.jpg

IMG_1532_zps8c12bd21.jpg

Where did you find the "350Z" logo for the Fob? I've been sprawling the internet, can't seem to find one anywhere?

Done mine today. £6.99 for the flip key, £15 for the key to be cut, which I'm pretty sure is a rip off and £1.75 for the burger badge which is yet to arrive.

The mod itself is pretty easy, however I had to use a dremel to grind off about 1.5mm from the cross where the battery seats as the key wouldn't fit together. The hardest part was probably figuring out how to reassemble it correctly and put the right tension on the spring in the correct direction. I also expected to have to recode the remote again as the key had been taken apart for about 12 hours before I got the dremel out and fixed it, but alas, it worked first time :party:

One tip I would suggest is to use the correct sized screw driver. I used one a little too small (PH 000) and nearly destroyed the screw top, PH 0 is the perfect fit.

Would you mind linking to the auctions / parts you bought? I worry that some other people have received fobs with too-thin metal etc...

Edited by shad0wca7

Would you mind linking to the auctions / parts you bought? I worry that some other people have received fobs with too-thin metal etc...

I bought this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111768656763

As I said, I had to dremel a mm or so from where the battery seats, but apart from that it's fine. Plastic isn't as good as oem key, but we can't expect it to be for £7.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...