Flip key - nearly sorted

jamesyj

Oh bloody hell, my burger badges didn't arrive! Dispatched though.

On a positive note, blade was cut, all put together, works in ignition but actually haven't started the car but I'm going out later so I'll test the transponder later.

My blade sits slightly off centre which annoys me a little, it's not absolutely perfect but it's as good as! Could maybe do with another screw near the blade hinge for example but beggars can't be choosers.

I packed it with blu tack so it's got a little weight to it now, much better.

All in all, a job well done!

Have you tried to turn it yet? Mine was cut off centre and doesn't work. Have had to order another one. Trouble is we have three Timpsons in town and their company policy says they can't cut third party blades, so the only other guy available arsed it up. Running out of options now, it was only supposed to cost £15 plus cutting, I'm now in for £30 plus cutting. At least I didn't get charged for the first carve up, he tried to imply that it wasn't their fault, cheap ebay crap and all that, but I think he just didn't set the machine up right.

Notice that the screw is going to be under the badge if you stick one in the burger recess as well, not good when you come to change the battery and it won't stick again. Hopefully it won't need opening for a few years, and the badges come in two's, so there's always a spare.

Otherwise just the job, and no bigger than our other Alfa flip key. The time we've waited for this I don't think you're going to get a smaller one any time soon.

Have you tried to turn it yet? Mine was cut off centre and doesn't work. Have had to order another one. Trouble is we have three Timpsons in town and their company policy says they can't cut third party blades, so the only other guy available arsed it up. Runn

That's odd as it was a Timpson shop where I had mine cut. The girl simply said it was at my risk (no problem with that), a few minutes later, job was done and best of all she didnt charge me!

Tried it and it works perfectly.

David

Have you tried to turn it yet? Mine was cut off centre and doesn't work. Have had to order another one. Trouble is we have three Timpsons in town and their company policy says they can't cut third party blades, so the only other guy available arsed it up. Runn

That's odd as it was a Timpson shop where I had mine cut. The girl simply said it was at my risk (no problem with that), a few minutes later, job was done and best of all she didnt charge me!

Tried it and it works perfectly.

David

I think I'll try one of the other Timpson branches with the next one. They're probably franchises so depends on the owner/staff.

Oh bloody hell, my burger badges didn't arrive! Dispatched though.

On a positive note, blade was cut, all put together, works in ignition but actually haven't started the car but I'm going out later so I'll test the transponder later.

My blade sits slightly off centre which annoys me a little, it's not absolutely perfect but it's as good as! Could maybe do with another screw near the blade hinge for example but beggars can't be choosers.

I packed it with blu tack so it's got a little weight to it now, much better.

All in all, a job well done!

Have you tried to turn it yet? Mine was cut off centre and doesn't work. Have had to order another one. Trouble is we have three Timpsons in town and their company policy says they can't cut third party blades, so the only other guy available arsed it up. Running out of options now, it was only supposed to cost £15 plus cutting, I'm now in for £30 plus cutting. At least I didn't get charged for the first carve up, he tried to imply that it wasn't their fault, cheap ebay crap and all that, but I think he just didn't set the machine up right.

Notice that the screw is going to be under the badge if you stick one in the burger recess as well, not good when you come to change the battery and it won't stick again. Hopefully it won't need opening for a few years, and the badges come in two's, so there's always a spare.

Otherwise just the job, and no bigger than our other Alfa flip key. The time we've waited for this I don't think you're going to get a smaller one any time soon.

Yeah turns fine, chap said he couldn't guarantee it (third party keys etc) which is quite fair but all is well.

I've not actually started the car with it so the only untried bit is the transponder.

I've not had to change the battery yet in 4 years I'd owning the car, I can live with buying from badges for £2.50 every time.

Got mine cut but it won't turn in the ignition - My mate is gonna re-cut it on his lazer machine next week - so I'm on hold at the moment :(

Keyser, I've just ordered one of these. Should be with me soon, could you let me know how your laser cut goes and where to take the blade please?

Got mine cut but it won't turn in the ignition - My mate is gonna re-cut it on his lazer machine next week - so I'm on hold at the moment :(

Keyser, I've just ordered one of these. Should be with me soon, could you let me know how your laser cut goes and where to take the blade please?

Will do Buddy :thumbs:

My local independent locksmith used a standard key clone cutter and it worked first time :shrug:

Just another reason for me to hate you then :p:boxing:

My first one was done on a standard cutter - won't work :(

I'll keep ya posted.

My local independent locksmith used a standard key clone cutter and it worked first time :shrug:

I'll keep ya posted.

Must be about the only car related bit of machinery you don't have .........or haven't fabricated lol

I'll keep ya posted.

Must be about the only car related bit of machinery you don't have .........or haven't fabricated lol

Wait for it Colin, Chris will be making titanium key blades next, complete with burnt tips :lol:

Just bought one! Literally read the old thread last week about the last attempt at this. Came across this - and bought one straight away before everyone jumps on the band wagon!

I did notice it was Buy it Now or best offer, did anyone get it cheaper than 14.99?

With issues on key blades, I'm unsure if I want to pick up the project and do them dipped. Don't want these coming back to me with people complaining about something I can't control. But I will still look into sorting out text for the rectangle section. Had a chat with bm early and we were looking at 2 options. One saying 350z in the original font and style. And another saying nismo on it.