K&N Air filters - worth it?

sipar69

Be good to get some opinions on whether it's worth replacing the stock filters on my 370Z with a pair of K & N drop in filters. They seem to get good reviews but since they look to come in at about £100 for a pair I'd like to know what others think. If it makes any difference - my Z has a Stillen exhaust and about 13K miles on the clock. I'm also thinking about an uprev in the near future. Thanks

:)

Edited by sipar69

i heard some where that the oiled panel filament of the K&n filters can affect the MAF? NOt sure how correct ive got that or if indeed it is true. Everyone seems to have pop chargers which are technically the same in terms of being an oiled filter element and with no problems :shrug: I would go cosworth though if its a panel filter type you are after :thumbs:

I looked into different air filters and for my 313 the consensus was that the stock Nissan one or the Cosworth ones were pretty much the best you could get. I replaced them with Cosworth ones when I had a service and didnt notice any difference. Unfortunately mine was the 313 model, so had 2 air boxes and double the cost.

• 2 years later...

guys sorry to bring up an old thread.just wanted some advice.....is it better for performance (even if very little) to go for a k&n drop in filter on a 04 model with a standard box rather than the original Nissan? ?

thanks