Frozen radio buttons??

DRP08

I have an 05 plate 350Z which still has the original radio / headunit. From nowhere, all of the buttons have stopped working! Any ideas?

On/off works, and the volume, but other than that, nothing! I can use volume and track up/down on steering wheel, but that's it.

I wouldn't be as bothered, except it's now stuck on CD mode and has my daughter's irritating CD stuck in it!! If anyone can save me from this audio torture, it'd be much appreciated!

I take it that the standard Bose isn't the way forward then?!! I'll try to sort this, but if there are problems with the unit, I'm open to suggestions for an alternative!

Thanks for the offer of the spare front leonk - I'm hoping to get it looked at tomorrow, so should have a better idea after that.......

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update, I've now taken it to the local garage / audio centre who (after lots of technical jargon) sound like they're offering to unplug the connections at the back,plug it back in, and charge me £40 for the pleasure!!

I'm planning to have a go myself sometime when I get chance, although slightly concerned I need a code?

Apparently, as it's Bose, if their first method didn't work they're suggesting I'll have to replace the whole system - does anyone ahve a rough idea how much this is likely to cost?