Fast acceleration / breaking = dash board Christmas tree

Michael robinson

Checked brakes fluid level it's ok right in the middle so not to low or to high .

Engine management light dosent come on but my traction control ( little car skidding ) and ESP off light come's on and hand break light comes on .

Car feels solid , brakes feel good ..

Could it be a loose conntection on something like dash clocks or something as it only triggers when aggressively pulling away or braking ??? But I suppose that wouldn't explain why they disappear when you switch car off and back on :-/

Do you turn of the TCS and do a lot of power sliding? I have known it to happen because of this. I have also known it to happen when I bought the car and it had the worlds Sh%^est tyres on the back. However the Latter was also very noticable by the terrifying handling, ABS grabbing and the browness of my underwear. :scare: Which I guess begs the question, Have you got mismatching tyres or had new tyres fitted recently?

:shrug:

If the car feels solid and your driving normally (ie not completely sideways everywhere) then I'm stumped.

Checked brakes fluid level it's ok right in the middle so not to low or to high .

Engine management light dosent come on but my traction control ( little car skidding ) and ESP off light come's on and hand break light comes on .

Car feels solid , brakes feel good ..

You saying that see this thread:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/50960-warning-lights-appeared-during-spirited-driving/#entry761249

Reports back do say the fluid moving about in the reservoir can trigger the sensor that activates the warning lights you mention. Try topping up to the max and see if that cures it.

• 2 weeks later...