Knocking noise when pulling off from cold

scottio87

Hi Guys,

I had no idea where to post this or could I find the issue.

I have an issue where I get a loud knocking noise when I pull only from cold after its been left overnight or for a long time. As soon as I pull off after the initial noise it stops completeley.

Any ideas?

Does it seem to be hesitant until the knock. If so it's probably the brakes seized slightly. I get it on mine. I think it's where the brake dust is metal and when it gets damp it rusts giving orange looking discs and causing the brakes to stick to the disc.

Sounds like rusted discs due to the recent weather you have been experiencing in the uk

Does it seem to be hesitant until the knock. If so it's probably the brakes seized slightly. I get it on mine. I think it's where the brake dust is metal and when it gets damp it rusts giving orange looking discs and causing the brakes to stick to the disc.

More than likely if the noise is from the rear and you only get one crack when moving off from cold then it will more than likely just be the hand brake shoes or pads sticking on.

The crack that you get is just them coming unstuck.

Try parking up with the handbrake off, but leave in low gear

Alex. :)