Car Wont Start - steering lock issue?

BigSlick

i have been in there tonight and had words but tbh i dont think they care one bit. he told me they dont have to give me like for like by law

do you think a direct complaint to nissan will help

im feelieng verry let down with the service at the moment

If you feel let down then certainly complain direct to Nissan UK head office. If the work is beening carried out under warranty then definetly contact the UK head office. Also he is correct that they do not have to give you like for like but they are taking your car off the road for over a month which is ridiculous, you purchased the car to drive it because you wanted that car not a crappy little Micra or Juke

Edited by jell36
  • Like 1

Well RAC have been and gone. Car still stuck outside my parents. Being collected by low loader tomorrow morning.

Called the dealer and informed them. They have heard of it but said it 'rarely' happens on a 370Z. I said there are quite a few people on the web saying its happened to them.

Mentioned the warranty and said I expect a gesture of good will from Nissan (which he said they would have to ask Nissan for anyway) for either 100% or part contribution due to my warranty

expiring near end of September 2012.

I called the dealer I bought car from, obviously he isnt happy but was accomodating and asked to be kept in the loop and said he would help where he could but limited which I kinda assumed money wise.

I feel it really will be the steering lock failure. I am well and truly gutted that this has happened so close to the warranty and will so few miles on the clock. I only bought the car on 3rd of October 2012.

So im at work tomorrow and ill be finding out during the day what the actual problem is. Nissan aslo wasnt £95 to diagnose the problem and he said that its only free if it is repaired by them.

:-/

I just hope Nissan will cover the repair if needed.

Update:

Nissan called and it is the Steering Lock Unit.

£713 for the repair.

So ive asked for a GoGW from Nissan which they are doing and also if Nissan say no they will ask the Service Manager to see what they can offer.

Waiting game now.

However on a good note. Excellent service from Nissan dealer, its the Benfield one in central Newcastle.

I also get a free courtesy car which is awesome considering until now im not officially their customer but its my intention to take the car there in September.

So we will see what happens now. I was told on the phone that repair used to be £1200 and Nissan reduced part cost so its now around £700.

Fingers crossed.

Ill update you guys when I have more info...

:)

Update:

Getting a Micra tomorrow for courtesy car... auto as well.

And tbh right now I dont care... I think its awesome of Nissan to offer me a courtesy car since technically im not their customer yet.

Also waiting on finding out about cover repair cost. They wanted contact number for dealer I bought it from.

So something good I guess.

Free courtesy car and it seems Nissan are doing everything they can to help...

I was impressed with service and support from Honda dealer when I had my Civic and I'm getting just as good if not above and beyond service from Nissan.

Suppose golden egg will be if Nissan cover the repair cost...

Fingers crossed :)

Picked up my courtesy car and is a manual Micra... yey!

Spoke to the Service Manager and he said he has a 370z on a 10 plate but its in hi garage until March ;-)

He is aware of fault and trying to get Nissan to cover the cost or make a partial contribution.

He also said the part will be Version 4 or some such. Im sure someone mentioned that the 09 plates have Version 3 of the SLU. So he thinks the newer version of the part will be

fine...

Everyone very nice at the Service Dept so all is good so far.

You dont know how good it feels to have a car again even if it is just a Micra.

I will get an update from Nissan on Monday they said...

:)

Edited by BigSlick
  • Like 1

Slick I must have just missed you yesterday when I picked up my zed! I

Tbh they are really good there one or two of there sales staff can be a bit old school though which is rubbish.

If you have problems speak to Tom Willis he's in charge of the hpc part and is a top top bloke Tbh! Hope you get it sorted!

Update:

Nissan have agreed a contribution of £238, so basically 33% of the cost.

Dealer said main reason why it wasnt more is because I didnt buy the car from Nissan and the 3rd service wasn't completed by Nissan.

So ive accepted that and I have £475 to pay.

I have called the dealer I bought the car from in Colchester and Mark (the owner) has agreed to pay £175 towards the cost also as a gesture of good will.

So all in all im paying £300 for the repair and I have a 12 month warranty on all parts and labour from Nissan.

I did hope for more from Nissan but since both Nissan and the dealer arent obliged to contribute anything Im satisfied with that.

Work being done, said part should arrive tomorrow and car be ready for Friday.

They also letting me keep the courtesy car until I pick up the 370Z which is nice.

Benfield Nissan in Newcastle now have a customer guaranteed!

Mark from Alresford Garage in Colchester has also been awesome.

All in all not bad I think... Just hope nothing else goes wrong now.

Bri :)